Sign in to follow this  
Guest rds_mcleod

Need some help with getting Navdata in the right place

Guest rds_mcleod

Hi, All:Docs say that Navadat is to go to FSFMCWPNAVDATAand SIDSTARS go into FSPMDGSIDSTARSAlthough the files are there, I can't find anything in the FMS FLIGHTPLANS directory to select.I must be missing something obvious. Anyone know what it is?Thanks,- Ron McLeod CYEG

NAVDATA has no flight plans as far as i remember. You will find info about airports, waypoints and airways if you download the AIRAC and about airports, SIDs and STARs if you take the single airport info.Luca

Guest rds_mcleod

>NAVDATA has no flight plans as far as i remember. >You will find info about airports, waypoints and airways if>you download the AIRAC and about airports, SIDs and STARs if>you take the single airport info.Luca:You're correct, the dirs are populated by *.txt files. It could be they aren't being read properly. I did get the latest AIRAC. I'll keep digging. Thanks,~~ Ron

Guest buffjack

>Hi, All:>>Docs say that Navadat is to go to FSFMCWPNAVDATA>and SIDSTARS go into FSPMDGSIDSTARS>>Although the files are there, I can't find anything in the FMS>FLIGHTPLANS directory to select.>>I must be missing something obvious. Anyone know what it is?>>Thanks,>>- Ron McLeod CYEGHi Ron Flightplans directory is for user defined flight plans. I make my flight plans with FS NAV then export them to my Flightplans Dir.buff

Guest rds_mcleod

>>FLIGHTPLANS directory to select.>Flightplans directory is for user defined flight plans. I make>my flight >plans with FS NAV then export them to my Flightplans Dir.Hi, Buff:Thanks, I'm aware of that. The flight plans I'm referring to are those that you can access from within the FMC flight planner. They're not showing up.~~ Ron

Ron - There are no flighplans you can choose in the FMC neither in the AIRAC package or the SID/STAR package. THese two packages are the cornerstone for you to start create flightplans. Once you have saved some flightplans into the PMDGFLIGHTPLANS with whatever tool you find handy they will show up on the CDU.Hope it helps,

Guest rds_mcleod

>Ron - >>There are no flighplans you can choose in the FMC neither in>the AIRAC package or the SID/STAR package. THese two packages>are the cornerstone for you to start create>flightplans. Once you have saved some flightplans into the>PMDGFLIGHTPLANS with whatever tool you find handy they will>show up on the CDU.Thanks, but I realize that. The PMDGFlightPlans is not what I'm trying to load. I have, in my previous install, been accessing the FS9 FlightPlans I have already built using FSBUILD, and indeed, that may be the problem. I haven't built one with, but was instead just using the FS9 Flight Planner. I undersand the relationship between the NavData database and the FS9 FlightPlans, but previously I have been able to access the available FS9 flight plans from within the FMC. I think the problem is screwed up folder structure in my install and my attempted fixes to remove stuttering is why they probably ended up that way. I did solve the stuttering, but didn't get a chance to re-introduce FS9 SP1 AND Unlimited Traffic. I'm going to try again, while I await delivery of my new 'goodies' which has been stalled by record rainfall, landslides and everything else that nature can do including records lows and landslides!Anyway, I've totally deleted the entire FS9 directory to try a fresh install, while I await a new ASUS MB with the new Intel Chipset, aN ATI PCI Express vboard, along with the new Intel 800 CPU 3.4. Further, I'm going to use RAID 0 to get more I/O and then if it all blows up, EVERY install will be a fresh one! ;-)Thanks for your help. I'll be back.-- Ron CYEG