Sign in to follow this  
Guest alextooi

Manual landing or Autoland?

Guest alextooi

Hi, How many of you are using manual landing instead of autolanding?In real pilot, what are they preferred?B/Regards...Alex Ooi

I personaly make only autolandings with wind calm.I prefer the manual landing as you always can make better landings then the autoland does.It's also depents on your type of approach.If you are for a visual approach, you handfly the A/C.If you are for a low visibility approach, you use the ILS and maybe do an autoland.Hope it helps,

Guest nattydread

Manual landing...its so much more fulfilling.

Guest shaheedan

I never used autoland, since for me that is a time for me to show and test my skill. everybody can fly but not all can easy make a perfect landing all the time.Regards,Shaheedan Abdul Wahab,Oil Town,Malaysia

Guest captbulldog 2

Capture ILS on AP... disconnect and fly it down on runway in sight :)

Guest 737NGCapt

Personally, since I fly online, I usally take what's given to me. ILS or visual, either one is just as fun. ILS is especially fun with around 1/8th mile of visibility...goin' thru the back of your mind will constantly be the question are my senses correct, or is my airplane correct...? Visual approach with a centerline touchdown is always the best, that's enough to give ya one heck of an ego even tho it's virtual... ;)http://m.domaindlx.com/PacificAir/sig_3_small.jpg

Guest hlm65

Hi Alex,usually I fly with A/P till about 100-500 ft above DA then land manually.Obviously in CATII/III conditions, I make an autoland.

Hi,since I own the Boeings I did only one autoland.I fly only raw data (no flight director and no autothrottle).Much more fun this way.I use the autopilot only at or near cruise level.RegardsAnother Alex

Guest bobsk8

I disconnect the AP as soon as 737 starts turn for Localizer and hand fly the rest of the approach. I love 300 foot ceilings with less than 1 mi vis and search for bad weather before I fly.

Guest tango_d

Same here...Eddy

Guest alextooi

Thanks everybody..:D

Guest lbowes

Wow, lots of hardcore pilots here with manual landings, anybody use the autoland around here?? :-)Luke

Guest LahaskaFlyer

Hi, this is not original with me but from another forum some time ago; however, I agree that it does apply to "real time" landings.The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. A night landing in a snow storm is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time.Jack Wilson PFDell8300,Pent.R4,CPU 3.0 Ghz,XP-Pro,1.00 GB of Ram,256MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 XT,SB Audigy,Dell 19" Monitor,Cable Modem,CH Yoke-Pedals

well, since all of you do manual. i prefer autoland. much more satisfying. after u land, u can say, wow, it was me that pressed those couple of buttons to get the plane to land as i sit back and count the houses on approach. but really, i do manual mostly, but sometimes autoland, because of weather, or just to keep my autolanding skills sharpadam