Sign in to follow this  

Attention Scenery Designers - A Popular USA Spot

Guest Heather 636

G'Day!I never even gave it much thought, which I try not to anyway, but I live only about thirty miles away from an extremely popular tourist attraction in central USA.Although I attempt to avoid it like the plague (traffic is horrible, not fond of tourists, and/or country-western music), I still have to admit that it has all but become the country-western music capitol of the country. Known for all of it's theaters and shows, it is known to most folks as Branson, Missouri.Since I do live so close, it would be kind of neat to see it on my FS and I have no doubt it would be very popular with a myriad of folks who have visited there.Here's the proposal. If you are interested in modeling it for FS scenery, I can get more tourist pamphlets with photos than you can shake a stick at. It would be no great deal of trouble for me to scan them and send you the naterial.It was just a thought.Come to think of it, this region of the Ozarks is very beautiful with numerous lakes and the like. It would be great if someone would do a mesh files of this area. Say ranging from south of Springfield, Missouri to Jasper, Arkansas.Anyway, it was an idea. You never know what obscure thoughts are going to pop into this head at various times of the day, or middle of the night.Cheers!Heather

Guest Heather 636

Going by FSNavigator, Branson is roughly N36 39.14 W093 18.49Is this mesh freeware or payware?Either way, I'll definitely be looking forward to it.Cheers!Heather

HI Heather,It's freeware. Everything at Mesh Central is freeware.So, I guess Branson is covered then. The northern border is just a few minutes south of 37dN.Check at Mesh Central later this afternoon/early evening.It's about 55 Mb download.ThanksJustinhttp://www.fsgenesis.com

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Hey I'm going to Branson in a few weeks... Not going to any of those shows they have down there though (I hope not). Just going to to the lake and to play some golf... I'm from St. Louis by the way and it would be neat to have some scenery down there for FS2002... For Fly! II though I've made scenery for almost all of Missouri.Jason

Guest Lobaeux4

Don't pass on the shows. We went up to Branson from Little Rock, the "50's at the Hop" was actually pretty good and I hate 50's music. Plus, the Dixie Stampede is great, especially if you've got kids. If you've even got an inkling for fishing or outdoor sports, you've got to go by Bass Pro Shops in Springfield, simply amazing.Lobaeux

Hello Heather, and anyone else interested in making scenery of their area,It is quite easy to make replacement ground textures for FS2002. Aerial pictures of all the U.S. are available and converting them to ground textures only takes about 2 minutes.If you are interested, please stop by the TerraBuilder Forum.Best regards.Luis

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Luis for that info.I really do want to give it a go sometime, just gotta get some other loose ends tied up first before I unravel another.I'll certainly keep your news in mind though.Regards,Heather

Heather,I'd be glad to model some of the buildings/attractions in gMax -- I'm not interested in messing with landclass files (you could use John's program to get the basic area looking fine if you want) but as someone who's spent nearly a decade working with Max I have some skills and interest in doing gMax stuff for FS2K2.Email me privately if you want to pursue this.

Guest Heather 636

Oh, it will be a while Mike. I mainly brought this area up since I live not too far and could get a lot of tourist pamphlet naterial if anyone wanted it. It's a VERY popular tourist area in the event anybody was looking for something new to do, especially if they had been there.I have some scenery things in mind I would like to model for myself, and of course, the community, but have to get some other projects out of the way first.I will most certainly keep your offer in mind though. This gal will take all the help she can get.Sincerest regards,Heather

I hear you. If you decide to do it yourself (or need any help in gMax) let me know -- I'm still making the transition between the "pro" Max and the game version, but I'm getting there.As for me, I'm working right now on *another* tourist area (a very happy place :>) -- strictly a labor of love although I'll probably offer it if anyone's interested.

Guest Heather 636

If it's in North America, I'm ALWAYS interested. It's that "addiction" problem you know.And isn't this ALL a labor of love? Or, when things aren't working right, love/hate?Gotta run!Cheers!Heather

O/T "Minority reports"!Heh! Kelleym, I like your site.Just thinking about the scene with the moldy sandwich makes me gag.I nearly threw up in the theater!!!!later edit)Wow! Fantastic links!Love the Photography section and those links.Well done!