Sign in to follow this  
chiswick72

VALID FS2004 ATC AIRLINES LIST

Hi guys I recently compiled this list to improve my ATC experience in FS2004. I was not happy with ATC not announcing various airlines, this was due to the list being out of date and had some errors.So I used this list to modify all my aircraft so at least ATC would announce an airline name. Obviously this is a compromise but I wanted ATC to say something instead of nothing!eg, RYANAIR doesnt work, so it can be changed to RYAN and it will work, and I use SHAMROCK to announce AER LINGUS flights.This list might be helpful for the guys in the 747-400 paintshop, preparing a multitude of airlines and ATC codes, so at least ATC announces something !! The procedure is very simple and involves modifying one line in each aircraft.cfg concerned. ALWAYS back up files before modifying them !!!!Hope this helps! :) it does wonders to Ultimate Taffic too !http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104406.txtArmen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Im just pasting the attachment before it expires !!!**** **** VALID FS2004 ATC CODES **** **** version 1.1 compiled by Armen CholakianThis list contains all the names which can be used for voice ATC airline conversations, if its not on this list then FS2004 ATC will not say the airline name.**** Since the list is now out of date, one must compromise and use what is available, to cover for missing names. ****For example,"AER LINGUS" does not exist so use "SHAMROCK", or "RYANAIR" can be replaced with "RYAN".**** IF there is a space in the name then use it. ****For example, "SPEEDBIRD" and "FEDEX" wont work but "SPEED BIRD" and "FED EX" will.This modification involves editing the "aircraft.cfg" file of the aircraft concerned. **** ALWAYS BACK UP THE aircraft.cfg FILE BEFORE MAKING MODIFICATIONS!!!! ****The parameter which needs to be modified is "atc_airline=", simply modify or add one of the names to this entry, do not include the " ".Some examples:atc_airline=FED EXatc_airline=RYANatc_airline=AIR TAHITI NUI**** FS2004 ATC LIST ****AB EXACESACTION AIRAEROFLOTAEROMEXICOAIR AFRIQUEAIR CANADAAIR CHINAAIR FORCEAIR FORCE ONEAIR FRANCEAIR INDIAAIR SHUTTLEAIR TAHITI NUI will say "AIR TAHITI"AIRWAVEALASKAALITALIAALL NIPPONALLEGHENYALLEGIANTALLEGROALOHAAMERICANAMERICAN PACIFIC AMERIJETAMTRANANSETTANTILLEANANZAARGENTINAARMYARUBAASIANAAUSTRIANAVIANCAAVIATECABAHAMASAIRBALKANBANGLADESHIBIG ABISCAYNEBIZ EXBLUE RIDGEBLUE STREAKBRITANNIACACTUSCAIRCANADIANCANDLERCANEXCARGOLUXCATHAYCHALLENGE AIR CARGO CHAUTAUQUACHINA SOUTHERNCITRUSCOAST GUARDCOMAIRCONDORCONTINENTALCORSAIRDELTADHLDOMINICANADRAGONAIRDREAM FLIGHTDYNASTYEAGLE FLIGHTEASTERNEGYPTAIREL ALELITEEMERALD HARBOR AIREMERYEUROPAEVAEVERGREENFED EXFINE AIRFINNAIRFIRST AIRFLAG SHIPFRENCH LINEFRONTIER FLIGHTGAIAGARUDAGEMINIGEORGIANGHANAGIANTGLOBAL FREIGHTWAYS GULF FLIGHTHAWAIIANHORIZONIBERIAICE AIRJAMAICAJAPAN AIRJET BLUEJET LINKJET SETJET USAJORDANIANKESTRELKITTY HAWKKLMKOREAN AIRKUWAITILAKES AIRLAN CHILELANDMARKLAPALAUDALEGENDARYLIFEFLIGHTLONG HORNLTULUFTHANSAMALAYSIANMALEVMARINEMARTINAIRMESABAMEXICANAMID EXMIDLANDMIDWAYMONARCHMOROC AIRNAVYNEW ZEALANDNIGERIANIGHT CARGONORTH AMERICANNORTHWESTOLYMPICOMNIONTARIOORANGEORBISORBITOZARKPACIFICAPAKISTANIPAN AMPHILIPPINEPOLAR TIGERPRO AIRQANTASRED ROCKREGIONALRYANSABENASAUDIASCANDINAVIANSHAMROCKSINGAPORESKY EXSKYTOURSKYWESTSOARSOBELAIRSOUTHWESTSPEED BIRDSPIRIT WINGSSPRINGBOKSUN COUNTRYSWISSAIRTACATAPTHAITRADEWINDSTRANSATTWAUNITEDUPSUS AIRUS AIR SHUTTLEVANGUARD AIRVARIGVASPVIRGINVOLGAVOYAGEWATER SKIWEST will say "WEST JET"WEST INDIANWINDY CITYWISCONSINWORLDWORLD TRAVELYUKONZANTOP**** END OF LIST ****All the best!Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Thanks for posting this Armen - certainly more extensive than the list I had, and now RyanAir is at least referred to as more than . Cheers.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest adrianc

Armen,Sorry to tell you this after all your hard work, but did you realise that the free EditVoicePack program by Lars M

Hi Adrian,Thanks for the pointer however it didnt take me too long though, I used the FS2004 SDK voice pack for reference.What took me much longer was removing every bad entry from all the aircraft.cfg which Ultimate Traffic 2004 uses! A few hundred mods!!Now UT2004 is more pleasurable even though its a bit less realistic, having decided to call all of these new low cost carriers with strange names. My fave is EASYJET, I call them ORANGE !!Better than nowt !!!Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest stevepow

How do you fly the 737-900 using ATC (within the sim) and the FMC?

Get EditVoicepack man - it does this as well as adding new callsigns that wouldn't get spoken normally with your method...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I notice that "speed bird" is the default list.I have the 700 and 900 variations of British Air, but ATC never says "speed bird", just the flight number.Other airlines like American, Lufthansa work OK. It just seems to be British Air for some reason.I looked in the aircraft.cfg file (900 virtual cockpit)and it reads:[fltsim.7]title=B737-900 British Airways - Virtual Cockpitsim=B737-900model=VCpanel=VCsound=texture=BAkb_checklists=PMDG737NG_CHECKatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=G-PMDGatc_airline=Speedbirdatc_flight_number=737ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=737-900 - Virtual Cockpitui_variation=British Airwaysdescription=Boeing 737-900 with CFM56-7B26 enginesnPrecision Manuals Development Groupnwww.precisionmanuals.com nFor use with BOEING 737: The Next Generation by PMDG nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.comvisual_damage=0atc_heavy=0kb_reference=PMDG737NG_REF-------Any suggestions as to why it's not working?ThanksBob Quick

yes bob !dont you see the difference!?this is yours:atc_airline=SpeedbirdThis is how it should beatc_airline=Speed birdThe "space" makes all the difference! Add the "space" and ATC will always call you! :)Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer