Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrea

Spoilers fail to deploy upon touchdown

Guest Andrea

Would understand if I do everything correctly with PMDG 737s:a) Set B autopilot engaged after ILS LOC engaged (A and B on):( Autoland (CMD) engages automatically during ILS descent (at about 2000 feet)c) Set spoiler in armed position via 2D throttled) Set joystick throttle to IDLEe) Press F1 key to set engines to IDLEf) At 40 feet disengage autothrottleg) At touchdown I help the aircraft to move down the nose acting on the joystickh) Press F2 to activate engine inverters... but spoilers don't engage!!!Andreahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpghttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Guest teeloo

I have the same problem!PMDG?I arm the spoilers, but instead of deploying on landing, they automatically retract!Is this a BUG?regardsTeeloo

Assuming that you have read the Maintenance Status board mesage in our support area at www.precicionmanuals.com discussing Spoiler operation in the 737, Are you getting the Spoiler Armed light on the Pilots panel when you select them to the armed position using the 2D Spoiler handle?RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Andrea,Are you getting the Spoiler Armed light on the fwd panel when you are the spoilers?RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest teeloo

Problem is solved by the Maintenace board.Sorry I didn't check that first!I am a Shift / dude...So, no more of that ;-)(although sometimes it does work)thanks for the reference!!Teeloo

Curious as to why you are disengaging the A/T and A/P? A/T will disconnect itself at T/D, you must turn off the A/P after T/D since there is no centerline guidence. And the second CMD kicks in passing 1500RA not 2000 ;-)[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest allblack

Second CMD???Should use B as well as A???Oops! Where did I put that manual.....?Tim

LOL yep, that is of course if you want to use DUAL AUTOLAND otherwise you will remain in SINGLE CHANNEL, in that situation you must turn off the A/P no latter than 50 RA. You can arm the second A/P prior to 800 RA or it is locked out (I believe it is 800 RA)..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest allblack

Randy - help me out here! I can't find my manuals - what (put simply) is the difference between DUAL AUTOLAND and SINGLE CHANNEL, and when would I use either.I'd RTFM if I knew where I put them....bugger!CheersTim

NO need to disengage in this situation! It will do it automatically 2 seconds after T/D. Just keep an eye on the switch ;-)[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Hello again Tim, DUAL CHANNEL = FULL AUTOLAND SINGLE CHANNEL = PARTIAL AUTOLAND but must MANUALLY LAND, A/P off by 50' RA. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest allblack

Thanks Randy.Does FULL AUTOLAND means the plane lands itself, with no input from the 'pilot' if set up correctly?Assuming it does, how boring is that! I presume that's real-life....Still, at least I know now.CheersTim

>Thanks Randy.>>Does FULL AUTOLAND means the plane lands itself, with no input>from the 'pilot' if set up correctly?>>Assuming it does, how boring is that! I presume that's>real-life....>>Still, at least I know now.>>Cheers>Tim Yes that is exactly what it means. And believe me that it is used more often than not on the 737 NG. I know a lot of folks talk about manual landings but really real pilots on the NG use the autolanding when it is working as expected. It does not mean that pilots do not control other aspects, some turn off the A/P, some de-select SPD but leave the A/T armed (so you have stall protection) but if it is not windy they might not even do that. It's quite exciting to watch it all come together IMO, check out the ILS confidence passing 1500RA on the PFD, after that you will notice the BIAS TRIM at 400 RA, what that is is the AFDS trimming the nose up for autolanding (Try to find another sim that does that!). So I would say that either manual and autolanding are realistic, the choice remains for the PIC based in part on the conditions not excluding his condition ;-)[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest teeloo

I know that Transavia flies about everything manual as soon as they have visual with the runway.It's all Company related I presume!Teeloo