Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Fmc not showing ILS but NDB next to RWY # just want to know why?

I would like to know why at some airports it shows example: ILS 24R and others it might never show ILS but NDB 24R or just the rwy # and nothing before it. Yet these rwys still have ILS frequencies to them.I'd like to know from the experienced users why that is like that and is it possible my airac isn't updated i honestly doubt its my airac because no changes have been made to the airport (CYYZ)

Guest pagotan

Hi,It looks to me that you may not have installed the latest procedures or the latest AIRAC. I tried both the CYYZ file which comes with Terry's procedures cycle 0501 and the CYYZ file which comes with the PMDG AOI 0510 from NavData and in both cases all runways were showing.What cycle of AIRAC and procedures are you using? if you edit CYYZ with a text editor does it list all runways? Are you getting any error message at the bottom of the FMC?Michael

Hi no i dont get an error at the bottom of the fmc. I have 1204 airac file and sid star of the same month. I don't update as i dont see the need to since i dont fly online. AS i mentioned the rwys do show but as NDB and not ILS but yet they are ILS capable rwys. Also some runways with ils won't show anything before the # example --- 06L in the list found in the init pref in the fmc.

Guest pagotan

Hi Joe,Here is your problem you do not update your airac and the sids and stars. Try to update everything to the 0501 cycle and you will see the difference.Michael

Guest pagotan

Hi,I vaguely remember that the older airacs and sids + stars were not read correctly by the upgraded versions of PMDG. If you don't have a special reason to update regularly you can do it once in a while. Important however is that both AIRAC and sids + stars are from the same cycle otherwise you will always encounter problems. So why not update everything to the cycle 0501 then provided you do not change any procedure you should be OK until you decide to update again whether it is in one month or one year.Michael

correction to my previous post i use 0412 cycle is this still the problem old cycle.Also there is more sid and stars in my older cycle then the new 0501 why is that? shouldn't the new one add more? I'm talking about 13 of them missing. Am i supposed to leave them out and overwrite the whole folder or manually go and check them?Thanks!

The cycles change as the real life proceedures change. There is the possibility that 13 proceedures were no longer used. As far as the 0412 cycle goes you should be fine as long as you have updated not only the AIRAC info which you get from www.navdata.at but also that you upgrade the SID/STAR database that Terry provides. If you only do one or the other then you will have problems as previously mentioned. Make sure that both are updated if it is only one that is 0412 and the other is 0305 then you will need to just go ahead and update them both to 0501 and you can leave them that way for the rest of FS9's existance. Just make sure they are the same.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

I think the problem is slightly different.There is nothing wrong with the Navdata, but the runway approach might be of a Localizer/NDB kind?This would explain why the approach is called NDB_something in the FMC.

I'll give you a hint, try looking at the real approach plate for that particular rwy..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]