Sign in to follow this  
mozart

HELP! Can't change callsign of 737-600 add-on

Hi,I downloaded a repaint of a Lauda Air 737-600 at AVSIM, and installed it to the PMDG 737-600 base using FS-AOM (Addon Manager). In FS-AOM, I set the callsign to "Lauda" in the same way I have done for hundreds of other planes as well.When I start FS9 and select the plane, the callsign that shows up (and is used by FS9) is "Scandinavian". I don't have a Scandinavian 736 installed (I used to, but in the meantime completely de-installed and re-installed my entire PMDG 737NGs). What's worse, when I go to the dropdown menu of callsigns, "Lauda" does not show up, so I cannot select it!What is wrong here? What can I do?

Just to add to my previous post: I checked the aircraft.cfg-file, which does have an entry "atc_airline=Lauda". It's only that FS9 seems to ignore that callsign.Any ideas?

Probably because the airline is owned and operated by Austrian and use the Austrian callsign.Andy b

>Probably because the airline is owned and operated by>Austrian and use the Austrian callsign.>>Andy bNo, that certainly doesn't have anything to do with it. As long as a callsign is defined in the sound file (which this one is), FS9 should accept it. After that, you can assign any callsign to any plane, FS9 does not check whether the callsign matches the texture. If you want to call your Lufthansa plane "Varig", you can do so in the aircraft.cfg file and FS9 should reflect that.The problem here is that FS9 does not "take over" an entry in the aircraft.cfg file.Any hints?

I have tried Lauda air in my aircraft.cfg file which FS doesn't recognise, however it does recognise "LAUDA" callsign.When you select your aircraft, go down to the "ATC name" box and check what entry is in there. Also, do you have EditVoicePack? you can check to see if Lauda is in there too.Lastly, contact FS-AOM to see if their program has anything to do with it, as mine works just fine.