Sign in to follow this  
Guest Diego Martinez

The BUG

Guest Diego Martinez

Hi guysjust bought the NG 600/700 last weekend. Just outstanding.Been reading all the forum and manuals like a page turner novel...I even might get divorced or fired since it is the only thing I am motivated to do at the moment....I am still struggling with the MCP/FMC interaction but that is part of the learning fun. I have read about THE BUG and that it affects VNAV but been unable to locate something specific (what it is and how to go over the problem)Could you point me to someplacethksDiego

Diego,Would you care to elaborate on "THE BUG"? I think a lot of people here would be interested, and could tell you more if you just gave us some more clues other than "THE BUG". ;-)Hope it helps,

Guest Diego Martinez

MattI read a little about it on the forum but these were very old posts (I think on pages +200). May be it is already solved. I have the lates Plane versionIt refferred to a problem the FMC has on VNAV and constraints but I could not quiet get to the meat of it. They call it THE BUG and that is why I was asking.Sorry if I cannot be more clear.By the way going over the AUTOPILOT MANUAL and my plane MCP panel does not have the speed intervention and altitute intervention buttons.Any ideas (I have the 600/700 only) could it be that?ThksDiego

Diego,about "THE BUG" (sounds kind of mysterious :) ), if you meant that VNAV sometimes disconnect during descends or does not reach certain constraints, this is not a bug but the result of inproper descent planning. One important thing to have an accurate descent profile is to put in the winds into the FMC. Imagine you have a strong tail wind component and the computer does not know about that, no wonder the airplane would be too high and try to reach the altitudes by diving (results in a disconnect). So just do an acurate descent planning and you should be fine. Anyway, that is NOT a bug...As for speed and altitude intervention: You need to have the -800/-900 versions to have that option available.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Yes there is a bug for VNAV but this relates to certain restrictions on the path, at times this creates a shallow descent of 500FPM and you will most likely need to cycle the a/p or remove some restrictions that are very close to the 240/10000 ap restriction...[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]