Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

How To Do A "Turn Around"

Let's say I want to fly from point a to b and back, without exiting FS9. What systems are usually left on and which are turned off?Also, how do you delete a flight plan from the FMC?thanksricardo

Concerning systems, just follow the normal procedures check list and that will answer your question. The check list can be downloaded from PMDG web site.Concerning the FMC, if you are asking about how to load a new route, just load new "Origin" and "Dest" airports. To delete a saved flight plan you need to delete the file. I believe the flight plans are saved in the "FlightPlan" directory under the "..FS9/PMDG" directory (at work right now so I don't have access to check).

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hello Ricardo,What you're needing is the parking and termination checklists separated out. Here are some graphics of the shut down and termination flows and checklists.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104921.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104922.jpgAs for the FMC. If you enter a new origin/delete the current origin in LSK 1L|RTE Page 1 it will erase any route data in the FMC. All the weight data will remain but just re-enter the data by overwriting it (You can also delete the entries and then use the autofill function to re-enter the weights again once you've loaded up your fuel).Hope it helps,David

>Let's say I want to fly from point a to b and back, without>exiting FS9. What systems are usually left on and which are>turned off?>>Also, how do you delete a flight plan from the FMC?>>thanks>ricardo REVERSE option on the FMC, this IS a real item on the 737. You will need to add all the details though BUT most of the wpts etc will be correct for the return flight...[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest BobLee

If you are doing a short turn around -- unloading the passengers and then a quick cleanup and loading the cattle for the next leg with no crew change -- don't do the termination check, just the parking checks. You would then start with the cockpit acceptance checks for the next leg. If you are leaving the aircraft at the gate for a longer period before the next leg, then do the termination checks.

Guest wee_davie_2612

To add to Randy's reply. If you are precise (read anal, and lets face it alot of us are after all we did buy this for its realistic modelling) about such things, and this applies more in real life, the revese function may not work too well due to one way airways.I'm not sure about the rest of the world but where I fly, Europe, there are many one way airways and so if you hit the reverse button you'll be plotting a route the wrong way down a one way street :)Just so you know.All the best,DavidP.s. Anyone know what FMC revision this feature shows up in? I'm having no luck in tracking down details for it.

Guest mangold

hello,> Concerning the FMC, if you are asking about how to load > a new route, just load new "Origin" and "Dest" airports.This means I need NOT change REF AIRPORT in POS INIT page???Regards, G

Hi David,Very nice flow charts. Are those somewhere publically available?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hello G

Guest frankathl

Off topic, David, but can you tell me how to put pics directly into a mail, as in yours, instead of appending?Thanks,Frank

Guest frankathl

Yes, thanks very much, David.BR,Frank