Sign in to follow this  

MSI GF4 TI4200

I just bought this MSI GF4 TI4200 vid card to replace my GF2 mx400,but I can't get my fps over 25 while flying and above 10 while at busy airport like KORD with Project AI planes.System:P4 1.8516 megs sdramASUS P4B motherboardWINXP proThanks

Guest gasebah

Honestly I do not understand what u are getting at. Do u want suggestions on how to improve your framerates?Or do you want to state that you bought a crappy card?25 over a busy airport sounds pretty good to me for your setup, depending on slider settings and resolution.Alex

Well sorry, yes I want suggestions on how to improve my fps.I get 25 fps while in flight, while in cockpit view.But as soon as I get in spot view or on ground at busy airport frames drop to like 7-9 fps.Sliders settings : Texture quality : highTerrain Mesh : 90Terrain Texture : MediumAutogen : DenseScenery Complexity : DenseMax Visibility : 60Clouds density : 30Resolution : 1024x768 in 32bitNo T&LNo Anti-aliasingSo if somebody has any idea for settings, would be appreciated.I know 25 in air is good, but on the ground it's really bad.Thank you!

Guest gasebah

O.K.,first of all why would you not enable T&L. Your card has the possibility to do the texture & lighting calculations for you while now it is done by software and your processor. Enable T&L that should give you a boost.Let me know if that helped a bit, then we will take it from there.Alex

That did help a bit, brought it up to 11 fps.Ready for some more tweaks.Stephane

Guest gasebah

What driver version are u using?I would suggest to get the latest drivers especially as you have the latest graphics chip and WinXP.There are a lot of guys out there that would suggest an older driver but most of them have older stuff like GF2 or Win98. The newer drivers do not give them any improvements.I have a GF4Ti4600 and the 29.60 is working very good for me.Tell me your Bios settings in advanced chipset features. Although I do not know if I can help you with it as I am an AMD guy and your Bios stuff should differ frm mine. But we can try.Alex

Guest Joshieca

For me...a clean install, limiting the amount of flight plans added, the amount of AI aircraft addon's, and turn off AA! Now I am back up to a usable 25fps in dense areas with almost all sliders set to either high or max.

I am using the 30.30 drivers but thinking of going back to 29.80 since I've got visual problems with some aircraft with the 30.30 drivers.Stephane