Sign in to follow this  
Guest MSMITH6

Loading with Thrust Reversers

Guest MSMITH6

There was a short thread on this at an earlier date, but no resolution that I can find.Whenever I load up the 737 on top of the default 172, the thrust reversers are engaged. As far as I know or can tell, nothing about the default 172 would cause this. Any ideas out there?This has only happened since I reinstalled the 737 after a drive format after I installed MSFS and patched it up.Would there be anything in the .cfg files for PMDG that can be causing?Thanks-

Guest over and out

I had the same problem. I'm using a X45 joystick and assigned the Rev Thrust(RT)to a button. Every time I loaded it the RT was activated, drove me crazy so now I just use the keyboard instead and unassigned the joystick button. Maybe someone out there knows why this is happening?;)

Guest diajohn2

I have the X45 and never saw this happen with a button assigned to reverse thrust. Are you using cold and dark startup or something else?

Funny I see this too. I have to push F1 to idle throttles. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest hlm65

If you load the 737 after the default Cessna and the Cessna was shut down properly (mixture lean/master switches except avioncs OFF/starting key to OFF), you'll get a nice 737 "cold and dark" with no problem.

Guest MSMITH6

I am not starting cold and dark. This was never an issue prior to the reinstall of the programs. I see Randy has the same problem, and yes, using F1 will fix it, but has anyone figured out what is causing this?Thanks

Mike,Have you tried deleting the State files listed in our support FAQ area? It is possible you have a bad state file for either the Cessna or the NG.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest MSMITH6

Paul-Thanks for the reply. I went in and deleted all of the state.cfg files for PMDG and 172. Loaded MSFS and loaded default flight. Then switched to PMDG. Same issue as before. Fixed it with F1 key. Saved the PMDG as the default flight. Now all works. Thanks-

Yes I have it too.You have to admit though, when you loaded FS2k2 the throttles were opened.FS9 is opposite with thrust reverse..................saves you getting bored eh?All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png