Sign in to follow this  
Guest tango_d

Creeping at Idle - 737/700 series

Guest tango_d

Wonder if anyone can throw some light on this ?When sat at the gate, with parking brake set, my plane starts to creep forward very very slowly - noticeable from side views etc.Never noticed before as usualy I'm away pretty quick from start up, but went to make a coffee the other day and found my bird half way across the active - ATC wanted me to call them naturally, but opted for the 'alt and reset' :-lol :-lol :-lol Didn't want my license revoked this soon...Seriously though, any help appreciated...Best Regards Eddy Nichol

Guest diajohn2

Sounds like your throttle idle is set too high. You should be seeing about 20-21%NI when sitting. Try calibrating your joystick or device you are using. That should take care of the problem.

>Wonder if anyone can throw some light on this ?>>When sat at the gate, with parking brake set, my plane starts>to creep forward very very slowly - noticeable from side views>etc.>>Never noticed before as usualy I'm away pretty quick from>start up, but went to make a coffee the other day and found my>bird half way across the active - ATC wanted me to call them>naturally, but opted for the 'alt and reset' :-lol :-lol :-lol>Didn't want my license revoked this soon...>>Seriously though, any help appreciated...>>Best Regards >>Eddy Nichol Hello Eddy, Yes this has been quite a subject but not only for PMDG. As far as I can tell it relates to two things,1] To a controller not being able to be set completely at idle 2] Even then if you zoom in really close to ANY plane they seem to move albiet very very slowly. I really believe this is the MS engine or logic but I am no programmer so it's just a guess..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest tango_d

Hi Randy & John,Thanks for your input - am running CH Yoke and pedals, so will have a look at them first. Idle does sit quite happily at 20 etc. Thanks guys for taking the time to reply :-) Best RegardsEddy

Hi GuysYes this is really a MS problem, I have seen this happen with many default and add-on aircraft.Parking brakes set,throttles are properly calibrated, eg PMDG 737 is at 20% N1 , the planes slowly creep forward.Must be a MS problem, almost as if the planes do not properly stick to the ground.Only solution is to turn of your engines.Keep wellJannier

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Yes Start engine after pushback at a gate, or when ready to start Taxi. Always start cold and Dark if.

ww1459.png

Guest tango_d

Guess you're right - If I were following procedures and not cutting corners heheThanks also !!Best RegardsEd

Guest dormehlexpert

Hi,Definitely recal your controller - I find that works very well. Starting the eng early would not cause this problem. If idle RPM is above 20-21% you wil find that she will move forward albeit very slowly. Tapping F1 whilst experiencing this will also reset RPM to minimum.Good luckDon DormehlProud South African Supporter of PMDG Products

Guest tango_d

Hey Don,Thanks also for your help.RegardsEd