Sign in to follow this  
Guest BULLDOG

elevator trim erratic

Guest BULLDOG

hello everyone ,new user today,still learning.I cant find this prob anywhere,firstly im no pilot so be gentle...[ELEVATOR TRIM] im using a ch fighterstick with trim wheels and also have a trim on top of the stick. the trim wheel works fine, but the elevator trim[pitch of the elevator] when trimed,is what i can only describe as 'noticably clicky'.it does trim the aircraft,but unlike any other a/c i have in my fleet.all my other a/c trim smoothly.please note when i say smoothly i mean visualy to the eye smoothly.ive checked my settings for fs9 controls,and also a/c settings .any ideas !? thanks jamie sorry everyone this is in relation to pmdg a/c 737-600-700 version 1.3 just purchased sorry guys i am a new user , i found some people with the same problem....any consolation ,i am learning how to use forum...lol and ps i also learned its not elevator trim but stabaliser trim...your always learnig!!!!!

Jamie,You will have to live with the visual jerkiness of the stab trim. The bottom line is that the stab trim will do it's job but the visual cues are a bit wacked out. This is due to in-house corrections of the default FS stab trim that was found to be too crude to effectively trim out the aircraft.Hope it helps,

Guest BULLDOG

Thanks Mats Johansson Thanks for the reply,with a little homework i found this to be the case.No problem,im releived to find that its supposed to happen rather than a problem created.i enjoy flying from vr cockpit veiw the best anyway,still its only a small mark on what is a very good modeled aircraft many thanks. Jamie