Sign in to follow this  
Guest BWBriscoe

747 Performance

Guest BWBriscoe

It has been mentioned before that the PMDG 747 will perform better (in terms of frame rates) than the 737 package.Does this mean that the PMDG 744 will be better on system resources than the PSS A330/340?The reason I ask is that I can use the PMDG 737 package with hardly any dips in frame rates, but using the PSS A330/340 can hit the frame rates quite hard.Cheers,Ben

Plus the 744 will have some things not found on ANY simulator currently offered for flight sim...[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

>I don't think we can compare it to the PSS package because I>don't believe any of us have it.>>We do aim to make the performance as good as the 737, but>until it's complete its a little hard to say. :)I have the A330/340 PSS package and it uses a lot less memory than the 737 does. Granted the 737 VC is much more detailed so I guess that is a given. John,I specifically remember reading from one of the team members that you all where going to attempt to get the 744 to use ~30% less resources than the 737. I hope this still is the case cause the 737 really taxes the system and I am running a P4 3.2Ghz with a gig or RAM and a 9800Pro card.

Eric 

Guest rellehenk

What kind of things?