Sign in to follow this  

Small problem with T38

My canopy glass appears too transparent. Im using a Voodoo 5 so Im sure this is it. Anyone have any idea how to fix this, otherwise these are very beautiful aircraft. Im thinking its time to part ways with the Voodoo...too many little things cropping up :) Is this a reflection issue or can the Glass_T bmp be made a bit more opaque for the Voodoo. I DO see a tiny bit of glass effect, but most of the time it looks like its not there. Definitely not like the screens I have sen of this bird elsewhere.http://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/t38.jpg

Go on Hornit.... buy that Geforce 4... you know you want to! ;)Sorry I cant help Hornit - I'm using a Geforce 3 Ti200 and the canopy looks fine.Hope you find an answer!Best regardsMurphy

Im thinking next Payday....:)I have to admit its gonna be tough to give the V5 up, it just looks so darn nice.Hornit

here it is with a 366 MHZ Celeron 4 meg ATI video card256 meg ram

Guest TerryT

Mine looked just like yours till I turned back on the "Reflections" block on my Nvidea Gf-3 Ti-500 card.Terry

Im still wondering if there is anything that can be done about this???? It must be a just an easy graphical fix??? It seems whatever i do to the Glass_t bmp has no effect. Is it a model related thing?? Still waiting on my FSD forum password for help over there.Hornit

Um, no aircraft expert here, but I suspect it's the alpha channel that controls the transparency, so if you take the BMP into a program like Photoshop (you'll have to convert it from a DX1 into a "normal" bmp for PS to work with) and work with the alpha channel you could get it opaque.The problem is that may not be what you want -- if your card isn't capable of displaying transparency your only choices will be opaque or not there. Do you really want this to be a total black canopy, for example?

With all due respect the Voodoo does transparency just fine. I should know better about the 32 bit though, Ill try that when I get home Tim.....methinks that will do it. Hornit

Well, the card has NO trouble with transparency in ANY OTHER aircraft I have. I tried 32bit and it did nothing. BY the way I'm using a 3rd party set of drivers but the core stuff for the card is the same stuff that 3dfx sold it with. I guess I'll just wait to fly this when I upgrade. If I turn on reflections the whole aircraft becomes a mirror.Hornit

If you have not got a forum password it could be because there was an error in the forum_id email address. Your ISP is not on our list of 'bad email' sources. If you care to write me detailng your chosen email address as you need it to be, and a preferred password, I'll fix it ... but the database entry is there for hornit and it appears to be OK ... ?