Sign in to follow this  
Guest shaheedan

Upgrade from 9600XT to X800 XT

Guest shaheedan

Hai all,again need advise, as per my spec.below, how many percent increase in performance (assuming all FS9 setting unchanged) you all think when i upgrade to powercolor X800XT ?Currently my spec,P4P800-X m/board, P4 3.0Ghz 800FSB 1MB L2 cache, 40GB 7200Rpm 8Mb cache HDD, 768MB DDR400 RAM, powercolor ATI 9600XT bravo 128MB, Win XP home SP1.Regards,Shaheedan Abdul Wahab,Oil Town,Malaysia

Hi,Can't be of any help, but I'm in the same situation. Have an 9800Pro and have been wondering how much difference it would make to upgrade to X800 Pro. So if you decide to go for it, please let us know in this thread how much more FPS you get! :-jumpy One thing is different, my system is based on AMD XP 2600 on Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard...Kind regards,Henk-Jan

Henk,I am almost sure your CPU will limit to a large extent the increase you get from the new graphics card.You will have an unbalanced system, low-mid end CPU but high end graphics card.Dave

>Henk,>I am almost sure your CPU will limit to a large extent the>increase you get from the new graphics card.>You will have an unbalanced system, low-mid end CPU but high>end graphics card.>>Dave>Henk,>I am almost sure your CPU will limit to a large extent the>increase you get from the new graphics card.>You will have an unbalanced system, low-mid end CPU but high>end graphics card.>>DaveHi Dave, I had the same feeling. That's why I haven't upgraded the 9800 Pro GPU yet. Thanks for your input. I'm very interested in Shaheedan's findings, IF he goes for the card...Henk-Jan

Guest shaheedan

Dave, need your advise,since "CPU will limit to a large extent the increase you get from the new graphics card.You will have an unbalanced system, low-mid end CPU but high end graphics card."What you think in my Spec, Motherboard - Ausu P4P800-xProcessor - Intel P4, 3.0Ghz,800FSB,1Mb L2 cache,RAM - 768MB DDR400HDD - 40GB 7,200RPM 8MB cacheRegards,ShaheedanOil Town,Malaysia

I would think a reasonable increase Shaheedan, since a 3Ghz CPU is near the top end and the 9600XT is now near the low end (for FS9).Have a look at tomshardware, they recently did a comparison of a whole range of graphics cards. If you look at the benchmarks for DX games rather than OpenGL ones it should give you an idea of preformance increase 9600XT -> X800XT although the actual frame rates will be different.http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/index.htmlYou may have better response in the hardware forum where the techie gurus hang out ;-)

Guest shaheedan

Hai!OK, thanks for all comments and idea, i will report the actual result once after i get and install it within a months times.Regards,ShaheedanOil Town,Malaysia

I'm upgrading on friday or next week (depending when the card comes in) from my system to:P4 3.4Ghz - possibly OCable to 3.8 or even 4.0 with ZalmanPowerColor Radeon X850 XT 256MB PCIeother specs stay more or less the same.We'll see how better will it run!