Sign in to follow this  
Guest david248

Hey :) when are you going to update 747 pics

Guest david248

David When are the pictures going to be updated on the 747? J/w. Thanks :)David S

Guest Callmecapt

My guess is they are working on the 747 systems and internal programming. They will update when there is something to update.Patience is a virtue.RegardsGoran

Rgr that....Im sure it is still a few months away.My only concern is that FS10 will be announced shortly and if there are significant functional changes/improvements, this could impact the direction and functionality of the 747-400, and its estimated time of release.For that reason I hope Microsoft DO NOT go "revolutionary" on FS10 !! :)Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

>Rgr that....>>Im sure it is still a few months away.>>My only concern is that FS10 will be announced shortly and if>there are significant functional changes/improvements, this>could impact the direction and functionality of the 747-400,>and its estimated time of release.>>For that reason I hope Microsoft DO NOT go "revolutionary" on>FS10 !! :)>>>Armen at EGLL>www.veryquiet.com That is strictly guesswork since no one knows anything about FS10 while we do know about the 744 as fact and it will be out before FS10.. And FYI, the 744 will already have things not simulated on ANY current fs2004 aircraft..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest david248

>>Rgr that....>>>>Im sure it is still a few months away.>>>>My only concern is that FS10 will be announced shortly and>if>>there are significant functional changes/improvements, this>>could impact the direction and functionality of the 747-400,>>and its estimated time of release.>>>>For that reason I hope Microsoft DO NOT go "revolutionary">on>>FS10 !! :)>>>>>>Armen at EGLL>>www.veryquiet.com>> That is strictly guesswork since no one knows anything about>FS10 while we do know about the 744 as fact and it will be out>before FS10..>> And FYI, the 744 will already have things not simulated on>ANY current fs2004 aircraft..>>>[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]Thanks alot every one. HEY! THE LONGER THEY WORK ON IT THE BETTER IT WILL BE :)DAVID

"And FYI, the 744 will already have things not simulated on ANY current fs2004 aircraft.."All I can say is wow!Im looking forward to the functionality announcement as much as the actual release of the bird ! :)Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest Matthias1975

> And FYI, the 744 will already have things not simulated on>ANY current fs2004 aircraft..>>>[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]Hmmm....didn

Guest Callmecapt

Randy, you realize that some of us here will be looking for the most minute detail camparing the real 747 with the simulated version. Can you honestly say with full confidence that no other aircraft can match the PMDG 747, systems wise? Not even the PS1 747?I trust that if anyone can model a realistic aircraft, PMDG is among the top developers that are capable, but you make an extremely bold statement and there WILL be nit pickers.RegardsGoran

>Can you honestly say with full confidence>that no other aircraft can match the PMDG 747, systems wise? >Not even the PS1 747?There has been a very long thread on this subject discussing PMDG's 'supremacy claims' vis-a-vis PS1. I suggest you find it and dig into it - good reading.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

I will say that those who use PS1 in flight sim will no longer find any need to do so. Strictly speaking, PS1 was never a "flight simulator" product, it is more akin to a CBT and geared towards real pilots who desired a training tool that did not cost an arm and a leg but I have no issues with anyone comparing the two system wise, you might be suprised if the PMDG actually stand it's own ground and do it extremely well..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest Callmecapt

Already have seen it...a while ago. But, although the graphics on PS1 looks like something out of windows 3.11, I have heard great things about it's detail to accuracy for it's systems and how every single system that is modelled on the 747 is modelled on PS1.Given FS9's limited functionality, I would have thought it hard to add extra systems if the sims SDK doesn't allow it...or does it?RegardsGoran

Guest Callmecapt

How's this for an idea...Can I pay Mr Randazzo a nominal fee in exchange for being a beta tester for the 747??:( This in no way constitutes a bribe. Although you would be forgiven in thinking so.RegardsGoran

Im sure the PMDG 747-400 will be better than the FS2004 version.Dont you just love that throttle quadrant, its so good they left it untouched since FS2002.:-lolArmen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

>>Given FS9's limited functionality, I would have thought it>hard to add extra systems if the sims SDK doesn't allow>it...or does it?I guess, based on some prior post by Lefteris, PMDG have gained enough experience over the years with the FS platform to practically do anything they want ...Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

>And FYI, the 744 will already have things not simulated on ANY current fs2004 aircraft...We envy you Randy, being privy to this info....ChrzIan. (Only trolling... Like the rest of the PMDG 744 beta-team-in-waiting, I suspect Randy doesn't yet know what these mystery features are) ;-)