Sign in to follow this  
Guest iain williams

FMC - Loading Flight Plan - what details are loaded?

Guest iain williams

Hello:A quick and hopefully easy question concerning the 737-700 FMC.When you load a flight plan into the FMC - does the flight plan include your altitude, cruise and other information - or ONLY the waypoints?? I note that the flight plans in Tim Metzler's tuitorials include all the information. Does this mean that when you save a flight plan in the fturue all the information has to be inputed before saving?? Is it possible to ONLY save/load the waypoints, then do all the other stuff at the time of the flight??Many thanks.............Iain

Guest stevepow

do you still have a copy of T. Metzinger tutorial i have been searching everywhere for it and can not find it in englishif you do could you please send it to me thank youstevepow@optonline.net

Hi Steve.You have mail, It is a very large zip file.Sorry my mail server rejected the mail to large! Sorry, will check it out to see what the problem's are.

ww1459.png

Guest stevepow

ok i will be waiting for the email and thanks for helping me out this fmc is making rip my hair out. It took me 2 days just to figure out the correct steps to get the plane started and i still dont know if im doing it right. How good are you with these planes? If you are good i can send a video from inside the sime so that i can show you the steps i take to start the plane you can look it over and tell me if im doing anything wrong or not. Let me know

Guest _sebastian_

>ok i will be waiting for the email and thanks for helping me>out this fmc is making rip my hair out. It took me 2 days just>to figure out the correct steps to get the plane started and i>still dont know if im doing it right. How good are you with>these planes? If you are good i can send a video from inside>the sime so that i can show you the steps i take to start the>plane you can look it over and tell me if im doing anything>wrong or not. Let me knowHi Steve.Please remember to put a signature in your posting :-)I am sure that most of us, if not all, will be happy to assist you in any questions you have regarding this sim.In the meantime however, I advice you to read the tutorial by Fred Clausen. It's a more condensed tutorial than Tim's and I think you might find it quite usefull to get you started.------------------Tim Metzinger: http://www.eagleexpressva.com/pafiledb31/p...=download&id=96Fred Clausen: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=34250------------------Regards,Sebastian

Guest stevepow

Thank you very much for the information it will help me to get this plane in the air my passanges are starting to get angry (lol)Steven Pow

Sorry Steven the email did not get sent prob's. If you let me have your windows messenger we can get online and pass the file via there link.

ww1459.png

Guest stevepow

Mike,Hey its no prob Mike i did get the information that i needed and i do thank you for trying to help me out but hey if you know what you are doing when flying this plane i can still use the help. Hands on is always better than just reading so if you have the time let me know i will get yahoo instant messanger if i need

Steve you have mail I placed the Tutorial on my site for you. Will remove it after I hear from you, or after the weekend.Have fun.

ww1459.png

Guest stevepow

Mike,Ok i got the tutorial thanks alot for your help hope i can still contact you if i have problems

Guest iain williams

Hi Steve:Sorry I have been away. If you still need the tutorial let me know as I have the .pdf files for both Fred and Timms work.Since I posted this post I have read through Tim's tutorial and have found answers to many of my questions. I also read the FMC manual and segregated the different topics using a highlighter pen. I even wrote a few comments here and there as memory joggers. I then read parts of the actual FMC manual that came with the programme (little coloured book). I then practiced doing one aspect of the FMC until I was proficent before moving onto the next step.It's a long way to learn I know - but things seem to be working out well. There appears to be no quick way in which to learn this aircraft.Segregate the manual/tutorials, read them, practice them, do it again, then again - then move onto the next segment.With regard to starting the #### aircraft - well I'd love it if it just stayed on as time is short for me and I don't want to waste it pushing buttons on a screen!! Despite this, I started using one of the many checklists that are about, and the time to start up is only 5 minutes or so. Add another 10 to programme the FMC with a completely new, but short route.Best of luck Steve..............Iain