Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

More Ez Landmark comments...

I got my registration today-have tried it out some more and this is one of the most clever additions to Fs I can remember. As you fly along words "pop" up over points of interest-for instance-"San Diego Bay" or "Sea World", "Star of India" (a boat docked in the San Diego bay), etc. Points of interest, geography-everything. It is really great when flying over unfamiliar areas-and I guess end users can and will add their own points. I'd post more screen shots but it really doesn't show well in them.The size of font, geographical distance points show up, and number can be customized-as can bearing and distance information to the point of interest. Cost is $19 and again-I think this is one of the most interesting and fun add ons I have come across. They have a free demo you can try at the abacus site which covers the area around Chicago only.http://www.abacuspub.com/ezlandmark/Here is a shot over downtown Detroit-names even individual buildings showing up:http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

Guest Lindy

Not to start a war, but I thought I'd mention that same general idea (landmark identification onscreen during a flight) was included with Fly!2K and Fly!2..... and yes, it is a very nice feature.BTW Geoff, that's a nice GPS with the map. Is it part of your Debonair download? Something additional and if so, what? I don't have your Deb yet... been so busy with getting scenery, I haven't d/l'd it, but I will. -Lindy :-wave

I can't recall-did Fly also Name the landmark-or just give bearing and distance to a mouse click on the screen? In any case-nice to have here!The radio stack (gps, comm, audio) is the reality xp add on, and the chart is the flightmax add on. The rest is the deb ;)http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

Say, Geofa, are you testing Coyote's EHSI that links in with Reality XP through the SDK? I saw a pic of it at Reality XP's website, and it looks like it'll be a real nice gauge. I've been integrating the Flightline gauges into my add-on aircraft, but so far we haven't had a way to tie them into the HSI ... not until Ike finishes his gauge :-)jkvato1.jpg

Actually in Fly! II it will give you the city you're over and aiports... Of course it also has the sun, moon and all the stars :)Jason

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi John,actually Ike is polishing the EHSI as far as I've understood. It looks very good! I've been told he will also open up a website soon.Looking forward to it!Hope it helps!

Could you tell me the difference between this product and EZ VFR both FS2k2 and by same author (ABACUS).I have used the EZ VFR and it is more or less the same thing you describe , except perhaps for the monuments (Land Marks).Also I pressumes this is an strictly USA addon (Land Marks !!).Would appreciate ypur comments.BTW How is the Team doing vis a vis the VC for the Debonair ?.RegardsEdmundo Cardenas van Grieken/SVMICaracas, Venezuela[table border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td rowspan=3] http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Proud pilot of Proud Supporter of[c][link:www.flightsimmers.net/radarcontact]Radar Contact][/c], the premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Geofa,went to Oshkosh (what a wonderful addon scenery!) yesterday in the afternoon but...couldn't meet you ;-)I own both Abacus progs and they're quite different:-EZ-VFR: is the simplest way to find your airport. It gives you distance, bearing and altitude of the airports around you as you fly._EZ-LANDMARK: is quite different and lead you to different landmarks all over the world. Database is available at ABACUS site and you can also add landmarks on the fly with a simple text editor.CheersLuigi ;-)