Sign in to follow this  
Guest sgtkoolaid

is there no chance for a licenced version of AC 2004? for 747 QOS??

Guest sgtkoolaid

Im sure this question has been raised numerous times, so Im sorry if I sound like a echo. but is there going to be any chance of a licensed version of Active camera 2004? or are we once again forced to purchase Active camera 2004 to fully enjoy the plane in all its glory..mainly which includes the virtual cabin where the passenger sits and views things etc. I just looked on the features displayed for th4e 747 QOS it says as follows.."Virtual Cabin - In addition to the virtual cockpit, a virtual cabin is available for the best wing views when using Active Camera 2004" I dont wanna be a killjoy, Ill admitthis add on looks awesome and would like to get it, but Im kinda disappointed that I must purchase Active camera 2004 to fully enjoy this add on. same thing was with 737 NG. I have 737 NG( which is incredible add on, I love it) but i cant sit in the passenger cabin cause i have to purchase AC 2004(shrugs shoulders in confusion). $68(all 737 NG versions) + $15(AC2004), i dont know about u but I dont have deep pockets like that im very selective about my addons.( i only have 3 plane addons since i got FS2004 so u got an idea of seletive i am hehe) I dont wanna make waves, im sure some of you will berate me a bit for saying all this. But i think its a sensible question to ask. what do you guys think?? will there potentially be a licensed version of AC2004 with the 747 QOS add on?? I know its not done , so Im sure alot of things will change before its released but im kinda bummed out to think i can only enjoy my add on 90%.my friends are like get it online (aka piracy "potty mouth word yes i know" )but Im a firm believer in paying for my add ons this enables the company to make better addons in the future.well this is all i guess,this is merely just a topic id raise for the time being and see what you guys have to say on this. either way,absolutely awesome work so far keep up the good work. hav a good weekJames

Guest Wills402

I hate to post a link to a competitor on the PMDG forum but James there is a FREE utility that works just like active camera for free on the flight1 atr website. Here is a link.http://atr.flight1.net/atr_downloads.aspWill

Guest NPreston

Excellent reference Will, I was going to point that item out just as I saw this post but you already beat me to it! I have to say the module that Will has referred to is an excellent alternative to Active Camera and it works great for the Virtual Cockpit and Cabin. ;-)Nick Preston :-abductEaglesoft Development GroupGraphics, Livery Artist

Guest sgtkoolaid

you guys are awesome thanx so much, gonna give it a go.

Guest chris_kirk

F1View is good but does anyone know if there is any way of accelerating the movement you get with the mouse wheel? From the cockpit of the 900 going aft to the over-wing exits can require several minutes of whizzing the wheel and as there is no way to save the view you have to do this every flight.Chris Kirk

Guest _sebastian_

>I hate to post a link to a competitor on the PMDG forum but>James there is a FREE utility that works just like active>camera for free on the flight1 atr website. Here is a link.>http://atr.flight1.net/atr_downloads.asp>>Will>This tool is okay, but renders the mouse wheel unusable for anything else but moving around in the cabin. Thus you will no longer be able to use the mouse wheel to adjust knobs inside the VC.On a sidenote to James: for the best wing views it is possible without great effort to adjust the views in panel.cfg so that you will be able to see dynamic wing views with the push of a button (or the HAT for that matter). This has been done with the 737ng (take a look at my topic http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...topic_id=72862). I'm sure that this will also be possible with the 747 when it comes out.Regards,Sebastian