Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndyH8

737 Tutorial

Guest AndyH8

Hi,Seems like a good tutorial is by a guy named Metzinger. Looked in the file library and this appears but in French. Is there an English version available.CheersAndy

Guest laurie0236

There was a tutorial by Timothy Metzinger which was in English but it was withdrawn by the author a long tme ago. He did say he was gong to produce a new tutorial for the latest version of the 737 but nothing has been heard from the author for months now with regards to the tutorial. He does seem to pop uop from time to time to answer various questions not relating to the tutorial. I guess he is too busy to complete the tutorial. I know a whole lot of people are waiting for the latest version. It would nice if the author were to tell the waiting audience if there will ever be a new version of the tutorial and put a lot of people out of their merery. LaurieSkelmersdaleUK

The following are a couple of other resources to take a look at which while waiting for Tim to release his new new guide.This is a tutorial available from Fred Clausen, a PMDG Beta Tester.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/downloads/...le=214&iType=19This is Brad Marsh's site. He is a r/w NG driver. Take a look at his "Geezer Guide".http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~speedy/

Guest carlonch

Hello Andy_H8:contact me here: carloszegarra@msn.comCarlos

Guest kame

Dear George,Thank you for your valuable information.I have tried and enjoyed "Geezer Guide" with Pacific Blue 737NG-800.B. Marsh's tutorial is especially reliable and interested as he is real Pacific Blue 737NG captain.I added CC197/105 waypoint for the flight capable of VNAV 270F.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest tmetzinger

I've "popped up" on this subject several times in the last month - so it seems that nobody does any searching anymore.For the last time - I'm currently working on a book that will be called "Flying the Line" It will be a guide to the PMDG NG series and encompass a lot of different topics. Roughly speaking, there will be sections:Basic flight = getting aquainted with all the aircraft systems and autoflight modes of operation, and covering takeoffs and landings.Cross-country flight = using the FMC for route planning and execution, and covering the LNAV and VNAV modes of operation, as well as various approaches (visual, ILS, non-precision, and back courses). The concept of flying for a virtual airline will be introduced.Flying online = using Squawkbox 3 and VATSIM to make the flight environment as real as it gets. Covers communications, flight planning, real-life weather, and various add-ons.This book will be available as online payware, and also in real book form. Price is yet to be determined, but my target is around $10.00 US for the electronic version and $20.00 for the book.For people looking for version 2 - the best advice I can give you is to post your email address here, and perhaps some kind soul who already has it will contact you privately and arrange for you to get a copy.

>I've "popped up" on this subject several times in the last>month - so it seems that nobody does any searching anymore.>>For the last time - Hmmm!?! Sorry there big guy! I hope that doen't hurt your sales any though! Probably won't... we are a pretty forgiving group... simmers that is. I'll be sure not to bother you again. Just let us know when it's ready.Murray

Hi Tim.I was fortunate enough to download your tutorialfor free. I certainly got ten bucks worth out of yourgreat work, so let me know when I can download the newbook. I'm more than happy to pay. Never would havebeen able to use and enjoy the sim without it.I'm assuming you'll have an announcement on AVSIM.Regards,Bruce Beattieslugger

Guest cliff

Timothy will you be announcing the book's availability on Avsim or may I give you my e-mail address in the event that you're keeping a waiting list?After learning so much from your Tutorial I'm keenly looking forward to the book.Cliff(Spain)

>For people looking for version 2 - the best advice I can give>you is to post your email address here, and perhaps some kind>soul who already has it will contact you privately and arrange>for you to get a copy.>>Ok, I'll be the first. I have been looking for version 2, with no sucess. I'd appreciate any fellow simmers who could email it to me.I already have version 1. Contact me at B.Cresong@comcast.net

SJED