Sign in to follow this  
Guest ekchflyer

Climb power

Guest ekchflyer

Hi!!When you are climbing from takeoff in real life- you will hear the engines throttle back from take off power to climb power.Is it possible to hear this?or is it just me who have to enter a different vallue in the FMC?I hope i have written this correctly down.kenn larsenCopenhagen-Denmark:)

Hi Kenn,Yes, this is modelled in the NG. You will transition from take-off power to climb power at default 1500 feet. The altitude where you transit can be set in the FMC.I don't know if you can here it from the flight deck. But you can keep an eye on the engine meters and the TO/CLB caption above the N1 read-outs.If you want a more pronounced difference use full power take off TO and derate the climb power to CLB-2. Derating of the engines are explained in the manual and some very good threads can be found here in this forum.Hope it helps,

Guest ekchflyer

Thank you so much for your answer. I will try and experiment a bit.Happy Landings!Kenn.:-)

The real cockpit is so noisy I doubt you could tell the difference. Have you noticed it ever in the cabin while flying on one? [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest ekchflyer

Hi!! I know the 737 is a noisy machine, and it is a long time ago since i have been in one(1994). And Iam used to fly with Airbusses,So thats probably why I mix it all together..(The boeing is still my favourite) But anyway Iam sure that you could hear a derate in engines.. if you sat right next to them- But only if you, as a passenger, knew that there was going to be a derate.. Hope you can follow me!Kenn Larsen. :-)

Yes, you can definitely hear thrust changes in the 737 cabin 8I even remeber a flight, on which the purser meant in her initial announcememt to us passengers, that nobody has to be afraid, when the engine noise gets quieter some time after take off.What you definitely cannot hear, neither in cabin nor in cockpit, is the squeaking of the tyres upon touchdown, which is modelled with nearly every FS plane. For me this is annoying, because in my system it usually causes a little stutter right at touchdown. So the first thing I do after I downloaded an addon plane is to disable this squeaking via the aircraft.cfg.I do not understand, why also PMDG has modelled this unrealistic squeaking for the NG series (at least for the 600/700).wolfgang

Guest canyonblue737

>> The real cockpit is so noisy I doubt you could tell>the difference. Have you noticed it ever in the cabin while>flying on one? >>>[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]you can hear power changes in the cockpit easily. if you have a reduced power takeoff and then use CLB (not CLB-1 or CLB-2) you may actually hear an INCREASE in power when the FMC changes to using CLB thrust instead of R-TO.

you can hear power changes in the cockpit easily. if you have a reduced power takeoff and then use CLB (not CLB-1 or CLB-2) you may actually hear an INCREASE in power when the FMC changes to using CLB thrust instead of R-TO.Is it OK to have climb power more than derated takeoff power? On some aircraft, e.g. the 747-400 (RR engines), if the climb thrust is about the same as the derated takeoff thrust, the EEC's may not unlock from thrust hold... unless you move the throttles manually or climb through a certain altitude (4,500', if I remember correctly).Cheers.Ian.

Guest tmetzinger

>you can hear power changes in the cockpit easily. if you>have a reduced power takeoff and then use CLB (not CLB-1 or>CLB-2) you may actually hear an INCREASE in power when the FMC>changes to using CLB thrust instead of R-TO.>>Is it OK to have climb power more than derated takeoff power?>Yes. Southwest does this all the time, but of course they use the human autothrottles and follow the thurst bugs in the EICAS.

Guest canyonblue737

>>you can hear power changes in the cockpit easily. if you>>have a reduced power takeoff and then use CLB (not CLB-1 or>>CLB-2) you may actually hear an INCREASE in power when the>FMC>>changes to using CLB thrust instead of R-TO.>>>>Is it OK to have climb power more than derated takeoff>power?>>>>>>Yes. Southwest does this all the time, but of course they use>the human autothrottles and follow the thurst bugs in the>EICAS.Tim's correct, we often have large power increases when setting climb thrust and yes you could hear it. i doubt you would hear the subtle different between a true max power takeoff and the decrease to climb thrust.

Guest ekchflyer

I just want to say Thanks to all you nice people in here.You have made my life a bit easier. :-) Thank you -to all.best regardskenn larsendenmark:-wave