Sign in to follow this  
Guest psaul

Consistent PMDG Lock-ups

Guest psaul

Hello all,I really enjoy the PMDG 737, but due to a certain reason, I can't.I have the orginial 600/700 1.3, and the 800/900 1.1, on FS9.1 with Windows XP SP1.The problem is that the PMDG works sparingly. Most of the time it will load up, show the panel for a split second, then go all black, causing a complete freeze in Flight Simulator. I have done everything reccomended excpet reinstalling FS9, which I would really rather not do considering the massive amount of work it would be to reinstall all-ons and what nots that have collected on my computer over the years.After I remove/install the PMDG, it may work once or twice, but then with no apparent change it will go back to freezing to the black screen. Interstingly enough when I look at my aircraft menu after restarting FS, a PMDG model (e.g. Boeing-PMDG 737-600) may be missing, despite that the fact that it is physically still on my hard drive.PMDG is the only plane that causes this, and it is rather frsutrating.Thanks,Peter

First, a little more information could help. What version of FS9 are you running? What other FS add-ons do you have? What other programs are you running in the backround with FS9? Are you starting the NG with the default startup? Have you tried starting at a different airport? What is your PC's config?Just a guess, did you try deleting your FS9.CFG file and let FS9 create a fresh one?Have you tried contacting PMDG support directly?Finnally have you done a search on the forum? You may find a few other ideas from previous threads.

Rest assured the problem is on your end Peter. If I were you I would do a complete flight simulator re-install. I know it is a pain yet there seems to be a conflict somewhere. Of course there are other things to try before you zap fs. First use this remover tool http://www.precisionmanuals.com/downloads/inc_downloading.asp?iFile=209 Then re-install the NG. If that does not work you know it is your flight sim and not the NG installation.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]