Sign in to follow this  
Guest Safenor

Please don't end up like Lago

Guest Safenor

Hi allFairly new poster, but not user to these forums.I just felt like making a post here about your upcoming releases and all the "nagging" - or rather friendly requests - from people about when it's out and so forth.I am one of those who just bought the new LAGO MD80 Maddog, and I so much hope your new releases will not end up in all the flaming that is going on in the Lago forums right now.I will not get into the MAddog itself here, as this is not the place, but will in this remark the word Betarelase as a keyword.But looking at whats going on after their release I can't help but think about all you (myself included) that keep nagging or begging for the release of the MD10 and 747 (Both someone I drool for and will get!!). What happends if PMDG realse it too soon beause of all our requests? just what happend to Lago now. Yes I will surly wait a tad longer to get a fully functional product from the second it's downloaded to my PC, rather that a bying "a problem"The PMDG NG is the best bird I have ever used on FS 2004 and surly deserves the "product of the year" award. I have had no problems WHATSOEVER since I bought it. Off course I have had trouble, but mostly cause of my lack of knowledge in the functions of the bird. This have off course been solved with reading trought this forum! It is the only aircraft I tried from PMDG but has made me so convinced that I surly without a doubt will buy both of the new comers.I just wanted to get this off my chest to you all, and perhaps make the wait a tad easier for some. If not, take a trip over to LAgo and read in their forums, I am sure you don't want to end up like that after buying e.g. the 747.Also want to add that it is a great pleasure browsing trough these forums getting tons of great tips and tricks to improve the joy of the PMSG and FS2004 even more - and salute to you all for keeping THESE forums clean from flaming!No PMDG, keep up the testing and when done give us a AWSOME new award winning product for us all to enjoy!!(PS this said, it's stil not a bad idea to have some minor updates a bit more often of your products... just a single line of info txt or a screenie every two weeks helps a lot:-))

"it's stil not a bad idea to have some minor updates a bit more often of your products... just a single line of info txt or a screenie every two weeks helps a lot"How about....Day 1: We are progressing on a daily basis!Week 1: We are one week closer to releasing the product!Week 2: We are two weeks-worth of programming closer to finishing the product than we were a fortnight ago (minus the time spent having to explain where we are every week) Week 3: We are closer to finishing the product than we have ever been before!!!Week 4.....Day 1 screenshot: 744 exterior shot(with no caption)Week 1 screenshot: Same 744 exterior shot with caption ("important airplane system electrical relays "R1174" and "R1175" added today!!!")Week 2 screenshot: Same 744 exterior shot with caption "Several mystery features added in the last fortnight...but we can't reveal what they are because:1. of non-disclosure clauses2. of industrial espionage3. we are not sure if we can completely debug it in time for the secret release date"Cheers.Ian (Ducking for cover....) :-)

Guest viper18799

hehe:-xxrotflmao Ian:-outta

Guest teeloo

I agree with you Kjetil!Nice words.And I think he is saying nothing else but: If you have 5 new pictures in a certain week during development from obvious different parts and no new ones for another 3 month. Show every week one pic, that covers already more then a month.I don't want to go into PR, but telling the outside world that you are going to release a product means you want PR...However seen the relatively small team at PMDG, I still think they have a hell of a lot of work to do and then, ones more I think, you need to have priorities. The first thing you will drop

Robert Randazzo and his team have been around for some time now and have acquired extensive amount of experiences, starting with their release of the first heavy for Fly!I have faith that the next products will meet and exceed the standards Robert and his colleagues have set with their 737NG series. However, I find the permanent nagging of immature simmers -"When it's gonna be released! Please another screenshot! Will the toilet be flushable! Is my favorite Air Banana livery included!"- annoying to say the least. I must admire the patience of the company in dealing with these childish requests.ricardo

Guest jumpjet

Hey, I like AIr Banana ..... they're a great 'bunch' of guys! :)Graham

Guest Safenor

Just to clearify a bit. My post was in no way a critisism of PMDG or anyone else, it was more trying to understand the process of creating a aircraft from scratch to launch, and perhaps come with some ideas/thoughts. Not thinking about the techincal part, more the sales/marketing part. And no, I am not a developer myself, nor part of any thing similar :-)Nor was this a request for release dates, which I know we will not get. But I for one would like to receive updates a bit more frequently on products I am in the lookout for. And marketing wise, updates like that is brilliant and "free". Free as in the community will themself spread the word of updates like a fire in dry grass - thus giving great PR for the upcoming product.This said, I have no idea whatsoever the amount of staff PMDG has, and what resources they have for just such a thing. But I am lined up along all of you waiting for the releases, and I am sure they are gonna be great ones!

Don't worry Kjetil, the 744 has been being worked on for quite some time and it will be quite some time till we see it.

Eric 

For me after so many years in the flight sim comunity and in these forums I find it really easy now to know what is worth my penny and what is not.No offense to Lago but the realease of MadDog kind of looked like it was under the current standards expecially if compared ( and that is not my intent) to PMDG and a few other companies out there.On the other hand they used to make great scenery, I'm kind of dissapointed to see that lately they can't seam to come out with something of their own.David

Guest tango_d

Somethings in life - I'll rephrase that.... The very very very best things in life, truly are worth the wait....I can wait.RegardsEddy

Gents-We learned a significant amount during and after the release of our first MSFS project, the PMDG 737-600/700....One of the things that we learned was: Life is much more enjoyable for everyone involved if we get it right the first time- and act in an overly cautious manner when it comes to releases.We have been witholding any substantive updates on the 747-400 for a number of reasons, most of which I am not at liberty to go into yet....When we begin to show you the airplane, you will see why we "held our fire" for some time..... We have many new innovative applications in this airplane- and the full spectrum of innovation will be more easily understood if we show it to you when it's ready.... Look at the bright side- today we are precisely 1 week closer to release than we were at this time last week! (Okay- couldn't resist.... LOL)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest tango_d

Robert,Outstanding as ever !!:-lol :-lol :-lol Best Wishes,Eddy(North Wales - UK)

Robert,If you look at this thread again, just wanted to ask you something. You work for I-Air don't you? If so, was wondering if your on the Airbus fleet yet and if so, how are you liking the bus? I just saw that you guys are starting a bunch of trans-con flights out of IAD...good for you guys.

Eric 

Guest Safenor

Thank you for that reply and (in my eyes) update on it all. Wasn't all that, but still a word from you, keeping us all "glued" to the forum for updates.Is it perhaps allowed to ask what aircraft you beleive will come first, the MD11 or 747?

>Is it perhaps allowed to ask what aircraft you beleive will>come first, the MD11 or 747?I can relieve RR from answering this question since I happen to KNOW !! 747 will be first.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2