Sign in to follow this  
Guest guswhite3

PMDG737 and FSNav

Guest guswhite3

I know you can export a flight plan from FSNav to be used in the FMC on the PMDG737, but can you use FSNav to directly control a flight like it does with other aircraft?Gus White

Gus,No, you can't use FSNav to control the AFDS in the NG. The reason for this is that FSNav is using the default A/P built in FS) while the NG has a completely different A/P developed in-house.Hope it helps,

Guest guswhite3

Thanks Mats, I thought that was the case. It is easy enough to export a flight plan from FSNav and then import it, but I'll have to get used to using the FMC on the NG. I guess I need to get the manual out and do some study...but then that's part of the fun (-:Gus White

Guest AndyH8

Didn't know you could import routes from FSNav. How is this done.CheersAndy

Guest guswhite3

Andy,Download the 737TNG FSNAV Export Module at: http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/downloads.htm It places an export option in FSNav for PMDG. Write a flight plan in FSNav, then export it to PMDG, then load it into the FMC on the 737. The manual describes in the flightplan load procedure.Gus White

Guest AndyH8

Thanks for that.AndyEGNX