Sign in to follow this  

Haze / Visibility Problems in FS2K

I have just recently noticed that when I go to 'advanced weather' and select the visibility that I want to use for instance 20 miles, the tops used to be a default 10,000ft. However this seems to have been corrupted somehow, no matter what I set this altitude to, the tops always immediately reset themselves to 100,000 ft. This is particularly annoying as I used to set this figure to 4000ft or so and at the moment this 100.000ft setting makes this facility useless. I Don't know if anyone has experienced a similar problem but can someone possibly enlighten me on what I may have done and how to correct it? Thanks in advance. Brian.

There are 2 buttons: local & global weather. Make sure that whatever you set is identical in both cases.Michael J.

Thanks tried that but no luck...every time I select the top altitude, it resets itself back to 100,000ft as soon as I close the weather settings box...By the way I meant FS2K2..!This is a mystery to me as everything else is running perfectly.Regards Brian G

Guest Kurt

I believe the fsuipc.dll sets it to 100,000 ft, check the documentation.Kurt M

That sounds as if it may be the problem, however after locating the FSUIPC.ini file in the Modules folder, I cannot see any ref to 100,000ft...below is the data as seen...am I missing something here?Can you see what I might alter to get my vis back to normal Kurt?[General]GenerateRain=YesGenerateCirrus=YesWindShearSharp=YesAutoTaxiWind=NoUpperWindGusts=NoStormsAutomatic=NoGraduatedVisibility=YesLowerVisAltitude=6000UpperVisAltitude=25000ExtendMetarMaxVis=YesPatchWeatherToADV=YesPlanLoadNoPosition=NoPatchSimApAlt=YesAutoClearWeather=YesApplyVisFix=YesWindTransitions=NoExtendTopWind=YesWindSmoothness=5SmoothPressure=NoPressureSmoothness=5MaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindSetVariance=NoMagWindsToFST=NoWindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibility=2000MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=6000UpperVisibility=6000OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=NoStormProbability=0StormMinTemp=10StormParameters=1030530CloudThinness=1000CloudTurbulence=NoCloudIcing=NoCloudForJetTrails=NoWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=NoExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoMagicBattery=NoAxisCalibration=NoFixWindows=NoMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...CopyDewPtToDayNightVar=YesWindVarFactor=7SendWeatherAlways=NoSendWeatherInterval=60SubterraneanWindFix=YesMaximumVisibilityOvercast=2000TCASid=FlightTCASrange=40RainStopper=75RainStarter=75KeepFS98CloudCover=NoAdjustWeatherATIS=NoCloudTurbulenceToWinds=NoFixRainProblem=YesTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoSuppressCloudTurbulence=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=NoFixControlAccel=Yes[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0Spoilers=-10549,13257regards Brian G

Guest Kurt

Brian,I can't be of any help with the settings as I don't use the fsuipc.dll. I just remembered that it changed the setting from 10,000 to 100,000 feet. The best thing is to probably check thru the documentation for fsuipc and play with the settings for graduated visibilty and such. Kurt M

SOLVED!Re my earlier post concerning the Haze/Visibility 'problem', I contacted the author of FSUIC Pete Dowson who very kindly explained what was going on and that what I perceived as a 'problem' was in fact not the case.His answer was kind, concise and to the point and basically I, like a great many of us must tattoo this on my head....RTFM!Thanks to all concerned re this and especially to Peter Dowson for his speedy reply. Now I fully understand what is happening and the usefullness of this great little utilityThanks to all who helped on this once again.Regards.Brian G.