Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gzr_GreenBean

Re software for building flight plans

Guest Gzr_GreenBean

I am rapidly exhausting my comfort with the FS9 flight plan utility and planning to buy a flight planning progam. I have narrowed this decision down to FSNavigator or FS Build, there are probably more people using FS Navigator, but from the descriptions of the two, I like the method of building a flight plan using Jet Airways and Sid/Stars in FS Build better. If this is not a subject that is appropriate for this forum, I would ask the Mod to immediately trash it, if it is okay, would anyone with experience with FS Build give me an impression of your satisfaction with the program and its usability? I would appreciate that.GB

Guest buffjack

>I am rapidly exhausting my comfort with the FS9 flight plan>utility and planning to buy a flight planning progam. I have>narrowed this decision down to FSNavigator or FS Build, there>are probably more people using FS Navigator, but from the>descriptions of the two, I like the method of building a>flight plan using Jet Airways and Sid/Stars in FS Build>better. If this is not a subject that is appropriate for this>forum, I would ask the Mod to immediately trash it, if it is>okay, would anyone with experience with FS Build give me an>impression of your satisfaction with the program and its>usability? I would appreciate that.>>GBI have both, but its FS Nav for me

Guest danowat

Whole heartly agree with John here, I use FSBuild2 excusivly for all my flightplan building.Dan.

Guest Newflyer

FSbuild2 here.

FSnav (On it's site) has a file where you can export it directly to the PMDG FMC. Enough said?All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Gzr_GreenBean

Hey guys, many thanks. I think I will start out with FS Build2, it seems more like the reality of laying out the Jepson Hi Altitude Enroute charts, seeing which airways go where I am going, and then building the routing up to take me where I want to go. I have the FS Nav as a try before you buy and it has some nice features, so I will likely buy it as some time too.Wow, this NG is one superb sim add on, I had thought that my Capt Sim F-104 was the best yet, but thats only when I want to fly pointy nosed airplanes and go fast, this 737-NG is the real thing. Most of my flying (all of my rw) has been steam, so this is a real treat.GB