Sign in to follow this  
Nyuni

GDI+ Issues when boot drive is D:\?

Hey all. Installed Win2k Pro on a new SATA drive in the place of my old IDE drive, and set up a dual boot system for the moment between my old OS on my drive designated as C:, and my new Win2k installation designated as D: (via NTFS drive labeling). Install and boot work fine. I download the gdipluss.dll from Microsoft, since this is required under non-XP systems. Put gdiplus.dll in my D:WINNTSystem32 directory, as I've previously done it this way. Install FS9 and PMDG6/7/8/900 with all service updates without errors. However, when I run FS, I get an error at startup that PMDGOptions.dll cannot be loaded, and the aircraft won't load from there on out. Assuming it's an issue with GDI+. My question is, is the PMDG looking specifically for gdiplus.dll on a drive with a drive letter assigned as C:? The problem is not resolved if I place gdiplus.dll in the main FS9 directory. Not sure what else could be the issue. I plan on pulling my old drive and repartitioning to set my SATA drive with an NTFS drive letter of C:, but I first wanted to make sure nobody has already come across this issue and had a resolution - couldn't find any reports of my exact problem via search.Thanks,Brian Schwark

I've now reconfigured my drives so that C: is my boot drive, even reinstalled Win2k from scratch, applied all updates, installed FS, downloaded and placed gdiplus.dll in WINNTSystem32, and then installed 737NG. Still having the same issues... and I'm a bit perplexed seeing as I've installed the 737NG on Win2k several times before using the same procedure. Anyone have any idea what I'm up against? :-hmmm