Sign in to follow this  
Guest ekchflyer

Views!

Guest ekchflyer

When I fly the 2d cockpit, i get the feeling of being seated to low.Then i changed the view values in panel.cfg-and came up with these values:VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=5.7, 0.0, 45VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=5.4, 0.0, 90VIEW_LEFT_DIR=10.6, 0.0, 270VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=9.7, 0.0, 315And they work great for me, its a whole new feeling and experience-The thing is that i fly with 0.68 zoom, and i want to make the zoom permanent!! Can somebody help me please!!Kenn Larsen:-violin

Kenn,If my memory serves me right. Try your variables but replace DIR with ZOOM. Like VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.68Or something like that. A lot of useful information in the Aircraft Container SDK from Microsoft about this and other related subjects.Hope it helps,

Guest jackrussell

>When I fly the 2d cockpit, i get the feeling of being seated>to low.>Then i changed the view values in panel.cfg-and came up with>these values:>>VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=5.7, 0.0, 45>>VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=5.4, 0.0, 90>>VIEW_LEFT_DIR=10.6, 0.0, 270>>VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=9.7, 0.0, 315>>And they work great for me, its a whole new feeling and>experience->The thing is that i fly with 0.68 zoom, and i want to make the>zoom permanent!! Can somebody help me please!!>>Kenn Larsen:-violin HiYou need to press shift+enter to rasie the seat and shift+backspace to lowere it.Jack

Hi Kenn,I'm also interested in this, so...please keep posting here and let us know what you achieve and how.TIA,

Richard Åsberg

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Yeah,but the trouble with shift backspace and sfift enter is that you have to keep doing it if you change the view mode. So if you look right or left and then go back to the staright ahead view its defaulted back to too low again.

Guest ekchflyer

RE: Views! Kenn,If my memory serves me right. Try your variables but replace DIR with ZOOM. Like VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.68Or something like that. A lot of useful information in the Aircraft Container SDK from Microsoft about this and other related subjects.Hope it helps,HI!!!Thanks for the answer, the only thing you had to do was, add a new line with zoom in the end, instead of _DIR= Just like you mentioned:-)

Guest gremel

Not to be disrepectful, but why should you have to change any view angle etc. It's the beta's team's job to do these 'walk-arounds' with the team they have comprised or don't release the product until it's as near to the 'real thing' as it gets...This is 'my opinion only' and is not meant to be spiteful. If one starts to alter the .cfg file, one could possibly get into trouble on future updates etc....Regards,jak

Guest rds_mcleod

>When I fly the 2d cockpit, i get the feeling of being seated>to low.>Then i changed the view values in panel.cfg-and came up with>these values:>Kenn: In which .cfg are are these files stored. I thought they were kept within the code? - Ron McLeod CYEG

Guest ekchflyer

HiThis is just an alternative. you should of course have a backup-There is nothing wrong about the original settings!!But i am a tall man, and i just want to be seated higher as in real life!!I have only posted the values in here-I am not trying to start any trouble-as i mentioned this is just an alternative.hope it makes sensekenn:-)