Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Weird "Bug": Battery On="Car" Horn Goes Off

I've seen this posted by other folks, but can't pull up the message. Yesterday, when turning the battery on a car horn type sound went off and couldn't be silent. Had to go out of FS9 and restart the sim to make it stop. Any ideas? (Everything else was set up according to POH procedures -e.g., fuel levers in cut off, etc.)ricardo

RicardoWhat about your Throttle? Sounds like the TOCWS to me and thus is a user error not a "bug"! ;-) Oh. And TOCWS is the take-off configuration warning system.Hope it helps,

Throttles were in idle, and this sound didn't stop, even after exiting the aircraft, loading up another one. Had to restart FS, then it went away.ricardo

Did you bring up the throttle quadrant and verify the throttles were at idle? I had a problem during testing with an MS Sidewinder Joystick that FS would always initialize with the Throttle open regardless of the position of the throttle on the joystick. I had to cycle the throttle on startup and everything was fine. The only way to tell what FS thinks the throttle position is set at is to take a look at the throttle quadrant view.This was not an NG or FS problem, but a Microsoft driver issue. When I changed the driver to a generic MS driver, the problem went away.