Sign in to follow this  
afraj

Opening the door and bring down the stairs

can somebody remind me of the keys pleaseBest Regards Adib Afraj

i am sure somebody know how to open the door and bring down the stairs if so what keys do you please know i tried looking for it on the manual but there's a bundle of manuals to look at and i looked for it, but couldn't find it.Best Regards Adib Afraj

hi i have remapped the default ms keys to open exit to D,this opens the doors, i then mapped 6, 7, 8, 9 to the concord visor, tail hook, and wings folded etc D for me now opens the doors, D+2 opens exit L2 and baggage holds i think 7 is the one that drops the stairs and 6 brings them back up.i found it easyer to remap the door as found useing shift+E+2 Wouldnt always work.even now d+2 wont work every time but this seems to be due to ms9 than anything else as it happen to some of my other addons too..... Hope this is of some useplease feel free to ad to this all"Lairy"Liam Reynolds

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

Guest horrgakx

I always have trouble with doors (and engines, and pushback) where I have to press a key then another one.Say for example I try to open doors No.2, I'll press; &, <2>. The main doors open. And when I try to control an engine with ,<1> or ,<2> it takes about 7 tries to get it. Why is this?Thanks,DaveW

Guest thscholz

>Why is this?>Dave,this is a common problem with complex aircraft in FS2004.A complex aircraft like the PMDG constantly keeps sending/receiving information to/from the flight sim.If you press let's say Shift-E-2, then the aircraft will send information to FS between your Shift-E and '2' (unless you're fast enough;-) ) and the flight sim will lose the connection between Shift-E and '2' and will interpret it as two separate commands.Hope this helps.CheersThomas

Guest horrgakx

Thanks Thomas! So what you're saying is that you have to do it really, really, really quickly? (or even quicker? :) )Which PDF are the key commands in, I can't find them anywhere!!!Dave

Guest thscholz

>So what you're saying is that you have to do>it really, really, really quickly? (or even quicker? :) )>Thats absolutely correct. So you better have quick fingers!:-hah >Which PDF are the key commands in, I can't find them>anywhere!!!>:-hmmm What PDF? If you mean the PMDG documentation, I'm not sure if those key strokes are listed there as they are commands you define in FS9.If you have the 800/900 you can assign keys for the exit, cargo door and stairs in the PMDG menu within FS9.If you don't have the 800/900 you could use my cargo door gauge to open the cargo door and rear exit.And, with the PMDG 737 you better never ever touch the 'E' (select engine) key or you won't be able to get BOTH throttles working without restarting your flight. I have deleted the assignment for the 'E' key in my FS9 key assignment.CheersThomas

Guest frankathl

Hi Thomas,Why so modest about recommending your gauge for the doors? :-) :-)BR,Frank

Guest frankathl

Hi Dave,If you're really nice to Thomas, he'll let you use his gauge for opening the doors{despite its name, it will open the rear passenger door, as well).BR,Frankpmdg_cargo_door.zip

Guest thscholz

>Hi Thomas,>Why so modest about recommending your gauge for the doors? :-)>:-)>BR,>FrankWell, that's how I am.;-) And usually it's your part to recommend my gauge.:-hah CheersThomas

Guest frankathl

I did! See my other post.:-)Cheers back,Frank

Delete E assignment in FS9Change door assignemnt to DChange door 2 to SHIFT + DAdd extend tailhook - SHIFT + TAdd fold wings - SHIFT + FAdd water rudder - SHIFT + Win your PMDG menu (within FS9) open main door "D"open back doors "SHIFT + D)Tada!!!I strongly recommend Etienne Martins Pushback guage (AVSIM) for p/b and many other functions. Works a treat in FS9. You can even steer the aircraft in reverse!!! (ensure the engine switched are on to see the nose wheel turn)

Guest thscholz

>>in your PMDG menu (within FS9) >open main door "D">open back doors "SHIFT + D)>>Tada!!!>Well, as I said, you only get the 'Tada!!!' if you have the 800/900...;-) I agree that Etienne's gauge is great, but I wish it had a tug.;( CheersThomas

Guest frankathl

"I strongly recommend Etienne Martins Pushback guage"So do I!!!It is also extremely useful for taxiing the NG. As long as the gauge is visible, you can use 9(PgUp) and 3(PgDn) to increase/decrease your taxi speed smoothly without any sudden braking.BR,Frank