Sign in to follow this  
Guest ekchflyer

REALISTIC VIEW HEIGHT!!

Guest gremel

Hi Kenn,Excuse my ignorance, but where do you add these lines to?? Do you copy and paste them at the end of the fs9.cfg file in documents & settings etc..Any help would be appreciated.Regards,jack

Guest ekchflyer

Hi! JackFirst follow this path:C:ProgrammerMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftPMDG737-800Then open panel and inside panel you will find a text file called panel.cfgOpen panel.cfg scroll down till you find the {views} sectionMake a back up of that sectionwhen you have done that then delete the section and put mine in instead.Please make sure to make an BACKUP- and write what you thinkKenn:-) :-) :-)

Guest ekchflyer

OPS!!!! I MEAN GREMEL..SORRY!!!!kenn

Kenn, this is excellent work!The visuals are much improved and taxiing is much easier to do because I can actually see the taxiway and runway edges. This tweak will also dramatically improve visibility to the ground such as when on a dogleg base to final turn.....an area I always had to "blind" turns with. I can't wait to fly the VOR 13L approach at KJFK with this setup!Well done!Cheers........Joe Swier

Guest kloker

Kenn,Man, this is great! Who'd have thought a small change in perspective would make such a difference. ATC can taxi my big butt all over the airport, now.Unfortunately, I can't get the wing views to work. Must be me, but when I use 5 + (whatever), I get sky views. I did see some nice contrails! Any idea what I'm doing wrong?keith2W6

Guest ekchflyer

HI KeithTry and assign the wingviews to another key or joystick command, in fs9 assignments menu. just look at the name of the view in the text like:look rear left upand so on...Kenn:-)

Guest ekchflyer

PLEASE WRITE YOUR COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!!Kenn:-outta

Guest ekchflyer

Hi jack you were the one who wasnt to glad about changing the CFG files.Why on earth are you then asking, me how to change it now????Im just currious!!!!Kenn:-) :-) :-)

Guest gremel

Kenn,Thanks so much for the very descriptive help. I did what you have said and the 'views' are fantastic. This is the way the originals should have been coded. Thanks again for your help & support. Regards,Jack

Guest ekchflyer

You can also write your comments by E-mail:kennlarsen@jubii.dk:-)

Guest iain williams

Excellent - thank you...........Iain

If you search LONG AGO I did the same thing, in fact the current angle on the sides were from my adjustements in a later patch I believe but the wing views were there..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest ekchflyer

Hi RandyI dont know what to say, cause I really dont understand what you mean, in yoour post????Kenn M Larsen

Hello Kenn, I was only pointing out that I posted the same type of information long ago (minus "height in forward view") with wing views for the NG. The original side views were very high (and some believe are still too high) so I provided what you did here and this was I believe added to the later additions of the NG in a patch so one could taxi and view out the sides better. Not knocking your efforts though, just saying that me and a couple of other guys have posted similar threads, that is all.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest ekchflyer

Hi RandyI just want to say that Im only glad that I get any responses.And it is probably guys like You who got me going on this:-) The default settings are okay, but if you are a tall man(or woman)You would be seated higher, like the numbers i have raised-and this is what i believe is good settings if you are tall.It is pretty easy to change the views,through the panel.cfg(as you already know)So I wanted to inform people further more on the effect of these changes-which can be dramatic.And the wingviews I have tryed, from AVSIM and so on...was after my taste misplaced.I did this for my own good to start with and then i found out that is was pretty good(after my taste of course).ALL THE BEST:-) Kenn Larsen