Sign in to follow this  
Guest ekchflyer

REALISTIC VIEW HEIGHT!!

>The default settings are okay, but if you are a tall man(or woman)You would be seated higher, like the numbers i have raised-Within reason, it shouldn't matter how tall you are, Kenn. Pilots are supposed to adjust their seat height so that their eyes are in a standard, fixed position. Rudder pedal adjustment is provided for those with longer/shorter than average leg length.Some aircraft types have eye alignment devices on the windshield center post. This ensures best view of instruments and outside.Only super tall pilots (e.g 2m) would have difficulty adjusting their seats to sit in the correct, standard position.Cheers.Ian.

Guest ekchflyer

Please try and understand me!!! Its hard for me to write in english and write what I mean cause my first language is danish.What Iam trying to point out is that in the simulator the wiews are limited in that way, that it is hard to make them fit as in real life(its hard to set the seat, to the standard/fixed position when you only got the simulator view. Which format size is to small and difficult to make any reasonable changes.So this is the best setting I can come up with, regarding the height from the view of the 2D panel.VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=20,21,22,23,24VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.6,0.0_,0.0VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_WINDOWS=30VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=4.4, 0.0, 40VIEW_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_RIGHT_WINDOWS=34VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=4.4, 0.0, 90VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_WINDOWS=35VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_DIR=4.4, 0.0, 120VIEW_REAR_WINDOWS=36VIEW_REAR_LEFT_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_REAR_LEFT_WINDOWS=33VIEW_REAR_LEFT_DIR=8.6, 0.0, 219VIEW_LEFT_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_LEFT_WINDOWS=32VIEW_LEFT_DIR=8.6, 0.0, 275VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_WINDOWS=31VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=8.6, 0.0, 310VIEW_DOWN_WINDOWS=37VIEW_DOWN_DIR=11.0, 0.0, 0.0ALL THE BESTKenn LarsenDenmark.:-wave

Kenn,I have flown the PMDG 737NG from the date it was announced. Like you I have tweaked the view settings many times. Having said that, I tried your settings and they are just OUTSTANDING. Yesterday I tested them at numerous US airports and have found them to be much more accurate than the default PMDG settings.I want to thank you for your persistance and dedication. You may be from Denmark, but your English got the point over very well. Thanks for taking the time to share your work with all us PMDG fans.All the BestBob JohnsonDenver, CO

Guest Johto

I dont know about you guys, but i have always used another zoom level than the default 100% because 100% has way too narrow field of view. I usually have my plane settings so that it uses 50% zoom. But this 69% is also very good !I cant believe some of you guys have used 100% all this time. Oh well...

Guest rnj slinger

is this for the complete serie, or only for the 737-800??regards,Rick

Guest meyomyx

Works with all .... so add it to panel.cfg for 700 and 800Very good it is too .... and it's free :)

Guest SAS163

Hi!In the WIEW_FORWARD_DIR there

Guest Flybyme

Ciao Ken,great job..!!!!I allways had to change view by myself..I did add those lines in the panel.cfg.Only one question....I parked my 737-700 at a gate and see the end of the taxiway and the "STOP" pannel I've ahead...a little too low ...Looks more to reality to press "shift+"back"" to have the view a little more higher....what do you think????How may I add that little hight in the pannel.cfg???Please let me know...PacoP.S. How may I get to see the wings view????

Guest Ruddman

>> dont know about you guys, but i have always used another zoom level than the default 100% because 100% has way too narrow field of view. I usually have my plane settings so that it uses 50% zoom. <