Sign in to follow this  
greeneg

nVidia 30.30

These drivers are pathetic for fs2002 or any other sim Ive never seen so much texture shimmering and swimming in my life :-)(well thats my opinion) Image quality looks kinda good for games like quake 3 and jedi outcast.I recommend them if youd do anything to get rid of blurries!I dont reccomend them if you have a Graphics card any slower than a Geforce 2 GTS.:-wave Andrew

Guest PaulL01

>Hi there >>Well i dont like to tweak anything, either it works or it >doesnt, so for me and a lot of others gamers the omega >drivers are simply awesome.I understand that for some like yourself that might seem to make sense, but then again you went to all the trouble to down load and settup a driver that is nothing more than a pre-tweaked driver that pales compared to what can very easily be setup with RivaTuner, GTU or Hardpage, is that how you want FS to be, already pre-tweaked, you dont change any settings? I doubt it!Thats all one has to do with RvTuner and the like, just change some settings, but to each his own. I'm just stating the obvious, the driver settings as setup in the registry by the Omegas ruin the true capability of Nvidia cards period. But I do understand the desire to have a "normal" windows driver with the ability to get better image quality and the Omegas are a step in that direction, but if you are realy looking for the best image display for FS2k2 Omega certainly isn't it, yet.

I agree the omega's are pre-tweaked and do not offer anything that cannot be accomplished with a tweaker. You choose.BobG

Hmm.. what mattered to me was clear and readible fonts when using FSAA and the Omega's have given me that. I'll use them.

>Thats all one has to do with RvTuner and the like, just >change some settings, but to each his own. For someone who has a 128 MB DDR Nvidia GeForce4 Ti 4600 and wants to set it up optimally for FS2002 only, would you say I need to get one of these special programs for fine tuning? IOW, there are higher performance tweaks I can make with something like RvTuner I can't do with the "normal" card drivers and settings in FS2K2.

All,I was the first to report blurry textures on October 16th last year. I've constantly have been depressed by the blurry/fuzzy textures that appear and than change after 3 seconds to normal texture viewing. So far, the OMEGA drivers have been the best. I rarely getting blurry textures unless I slew.CF3 still has blurry textures so we must live with this. FS2002 is still awesome!Hopefully MS will help us out with the blurry textures. With a Ti 4600 I shouldn't have to worry about any graphical issues with any games.Maybe the SCENERY SDK will answer these questions.Tim

Guest PaulL01

You are confusing yourself with two seperate issues here Tim,The ability of your machine to refresh the textures when you fly fast or slew: blurr vs.the static D3D graphic settings of your driver and how it handles Mipmaping and filtering at different angles to the plain of reference (ground/terrain)In the case of the Omegas they are nothing more than an over done LOD some where around -2.5 or so, very extreme, causing all kinds of texture aliasing and since there is no anisotropic filtering there still is a very blurry mess when viewing the terrain at low angles near the ground. A much better use of your time would have been to down load RivaTuner (only -700kb) run the script patch for LOD and then change the LOD your self to some where between -0.6 - -0.1 or so and enable 32tap anisotropic filtering.But I'v posted enough about this I'm done, I think! :)Later Tim,

Guest Stamatis

"In the case of the Omegas they are nothing more than an over done LOD some where around -2.5 or so,"I loaded the Omegas and checked the LOD via RivaTuner. They are set at -1.0{i]"...and since there is no anisotropic filtering..."[/i]Correct. None was set when I checked.I did not observe much difference in display quality between the Omegas and the 29.42's, so I re-installed the 29.42's.Stamatis

I thought that the subject here was the 30.30 drivers. Seems to have gotten away from that. In my case, FS2002 likes them fine.Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com