Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

autothrusters and autospoilers

i read in tim metzinger tutorial that if you do a single channel autoland once you touch down the autothrusters automatically disengage i have tried several times but they dont i have to disengage manually, i have set everthying up properly and disengaged the autopilot at 400ft flared at 50ft and made sure the thrust on my yoke was at idle, i have also noticed that although ihave the spoilers armed they do not engage once the wheels are down, again i have to do this manually, can anyone point out if i am doing anything wrong. thank you jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Guest tmetzinger

>i read in tim metzinger tutorial that if you do a single>channel autoland once you touch down the autothrusters>automatically disengage i have tried several times but they>dont i have to disengage manually, i have set everthying up>properly and disengaged the autopilot at 400ft flared at 50ft>and made sure the thrust on my yoke was at idle, i have also>noticed that although ihave the spoilers armed they do not>engage once the wheels are down, again i have to do this>manually, can anyone point out if i am doing anything wrong.>> thank you jimI think I said that in a DUAL-CHANNEL autoland the autothrottles disengage. there's no such thing as a single-channel autoland.In a single-channel approach, you should disconnect the autothrottles, or deselect SPD mode, no later than 50ft RA. Then, to make sure the autospoilers deploy, make sure your throttle is all the way back and you might also hit the F1 key if you've got a poorly calibrated throttle axis.

thanks tim ive got the autothrusters fixed but still having trouble with the autospoilers even though i press f1, i will calibrate my yoke again and see if that helps if not after arming the autospoilers i could try using the / key. thanks jim

thank you,Jim

Guest Hawkeyeted

>I will calibrate my yoke again and see if that helps if not after>arming the autospoilers i could try using the / key.> thanks jimJim,You can't arm the spoilers with the "/" key. You have to open the Center Pedistal and manually move the spoiler lever to the armed detent.

hi ted, i armed the autospoilers using the centre pedistal and i got them to deploy using the / key.after re-calibrating my flight yoke the autospoilers automatically deploy now. thanks, jim mcpherson

thank you,Jim

"there's no such thing as a single-channel autoland."Actually, there is!While its not certified, the 737's that are autoland ceritfied can actually autoland on 1 AP. However, the touchdown won't be as smooth as normally. Doubt if PMDG simulates this.Regarding the phraseology - Jim - unless you're talking of spaceship designed by Airbus (autothrust -> autothrusters) the gizmo is called autothrottle on Boeing's :-)Regards,Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

yes i stand corrected, its autothrottle thanks, jim

thank you,Jim

>However, the touchdown won't be as smooth as normally. Doubt if PMDG simulates this.There is no reason why it shouldn't touch down as smootly as normal... and PMDG does simulate single A/P autoland.I think you're understimating Boeing and PMDG here. Mark ;-) Watch out or I'll set Randy on you :(Cheers.Ian "things I may have guessed previously may not necessarily be right today" R.