Sign in to follow this  
Guest iain williams

FS9 PMDG opening aircraft screen problem - please help

Guest iain williams

Hello:I have replaced my video card with a newer card. When I select PMDG from the create a flight screen, the screen breaks up into chunks. This makes selecting the airport location and time very difficult. The problem did not occur until I changed my video card.The only problem is the screen - nothing else.I have the latest drivers. I even rolled back to earlier drivers & the problem is still apparent.Does anyone have any ideas?I did not reload FS9 after replacing the video card - should I reload FS9?FS9 settings indicate the new video card. Attachment included.Thanks..........Iain

Iain,try replacing your FS9 config file. Just rename your current one, then start FS.

Guest thscholz

>I did not reload FS9 after replacing the video card - should I>reload FS9?:-hmmm Iain,how did you change the card without restarting FS9?Have you tried deleting (or maybe better renaming) your FS9.CFG?I had a similar problem and that did the trick for me.BTW, did the editing of the aircraft.cfg solve your problem with the Boeing livery?CheersThomasEdit: Darn! Pete, you're too fast for me.;-) Don't you guys ever sleep?

Guest iain williams

how did you change the card without restarting FS9?Have you tried deleting (or maybe better renaming) yourFS9.CFG?I had a similar problem and that did the trick for me.BTW, did the editing of the aircraft.cfg solve your problemwith the Boeing livery?CheersThomasHi Thomas:Thanks for the reply. I actually only just got around to altering the aircraft file, and YES it works fine now. Great texture!!I had the video card changed at the shop (I'm afraid I'm a bit of thick head when it comes to what's in the box). The guy did it for free as part of the price. From what I understand the proceedure is very complicated and requires an IT degree to clip one bit of hardware out and then clip another in - oh and don't forget the screws that require turning to put the box back together :) LOLI'll try the FS9 cfg reload/name and see how that goes.........Iain

Guest iain williams

Hi:Ok I replaced the FS9.cfg file with the original file and restarted the programme.It worked! The screen did not "jaggle" and the nav fixes loaded super fast (really fast). All my settings were wiped and I had to reset them which was not a hassle.I then restarted FS9 and the problem is exactly the same again. The create flight screen "jaggled" after I selected a PMDG 737 aircraft and attempted to change the location and time. It happens with all PMDG 737 aircraft. The nav fixes also take a long time to load. Interestingly the PMDG 1900D loads without a problem as does all default aircraf after changing location and date.Any other ideas? It seems to be something only associated with the PMDG aircraft and not other aircraft. BTW you can change into the 737 from the cessna after opening if you want to - but this takes for ages & occassionally is problematic. Thanks.......Iain

Iain,Last ditch effort...Remove your PMDG aircraft config file as well as any liveries you've installed from the PMDG aircraft folder(You want to move them out of the PMDG folders in your FS aircraft folder), then use the PMDG remove tool and reinstall the 737NG. Open your new PMDG config file then copy the added liveries config info from your old PMDG aircraft config file to your new one and move your liveries back into the new PMDG aircraft folders.or... Use the remove tool to remove all liveries and reinstall the NG and liveries from scratch.

Guest iain williams

>Iain,>>Last ditch effort...>>Remove your PMDG aircraft config file as well as any liveries>you've installed from the PMDG aircraft folder(You want to>move them out of the PMDG folders in your FS aircraft folder),>then use the PMDG remove tool and reinstall the 737NG. Open>your new PMDG config file then copy the added liveries config>info from your old PMDG aircraft config file to your new one>and move your liveries back into the new PMDG aircraft>folders.>>or...> >Use the remove tool to remove all liveries and reinstall the>NG and liveries from scratch.Hi Pete:I've donm some testing and this is what happens.When I replace the FS9 cfg file it works initially, however, my settings are defaulted. When I reset my settings and exit then start FS9 again the problem starts over.The problem "seems" to appear after I've reset my settings and the video card settings get automatically pasted into my FS9 cfg file.Not sure if this put a different slant on things??The removal/re-install option sounds the best way to proceed. Will the removal tool also remove the NAV database???Cheers....Iain

You mentioned above that you replaced the FS9.cfg with a previous verions. I believe you need to delete your FS9.cfg and let FS9 create a clean new one. It seems like FS9 is corrupting the config file when you are saving the new settings.

Guest iain williams

>You mentioned above that you replaced the FS9.cfg with a>previous verions. I believe you need to delete your FS9.cfg>and let FS9 create a clean new one. It seems like FS9 is>corrupting the config file when you are saving the new>settings.Hi George:Thanks for the note. Yes I copied the original FS9.cfg file from a backup I had. I did not realise that you could delete the whole file, start flightsim and another cfg file would be created automatically.I've actually now deleted PMDG 737 with the in-installer. I'll reload tonight and also give your idea a go. Thanks....Iain

Iain,I do believe the database will be deleted. You can safely move the database folder from it's current location then after reinstalling the NG, move your database back to it's original location.

Guest iain williams

Thanks Pete.....Iain

Guest iain williams

Hello:First, thank you to those who provided feedback to my question.If you remember my problem was a