Sign in to follow this  
keenrw

Crash in panel.dll and problem with newer FSUIPC

Hi I have a problem with the PMDG 737-600-700 , every time i crash the A/C i get MS error box come up and when i go into it it says that its the panel.dll that caused the error . Also my version of PMDG doesnt like the newer FSPUIC so im stuck with 3.411 , if i use any newer ones then the panel loads as if theres no power . Chears Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Guest tomahawk_pa38

I downloaded the latest version of FSUIPC (unregistered) and now when I click on modules I only get one page which doesn't appear to do anything. I'm sure my previous version had several pages co I remember extending the battery life etc when i had a previous problem - now all that seems to have disappeared. Any suggestions please ?

The resitration i have only seems to work for 3.411 and below , with the newer one if i imput my details it says some thing like code not accepted and i end up with just one page as you say which meens its an unrestistered version , going back to 3.411 gets all the pages back . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Rich,Sorry is your message correct as you say going back to 3.411 gets all the pages back - or should that be a previous version number. I'm sure I bought a FS2002 or FS2000 add-on somewhile back which included a full version of FSUIPC but can't remember what.

Guys - I don't understand. I've used the registered version of FSUIPC since Pete started donationware on this software back in version 1.9x something and never had any trouble with registration ever!!! Just copied the new FSUIPC.DLL from the ZIP to the MODULES folder and always worked. There seems to be something amiss in your installations. You might want to check the FSUIPC.LOG file. It should tell you if something's not right with your FSUIPC installation. Also there should be no need to delete the FSUIPC.INI or FSUIPC.KEY files when installing a new version of FSUIPC.Oh and do you have the FS9.1 patch installed? If this patch was incorrectly installed that might be your problem with PANELS.DLL.Hope it helps,

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Mats to the rescue again !,That's what I did - copied the dll file into modules and bingo - nothing!! (it is unregistered mind)I haven't deleted any files yes i'm 9.1. and it appeared to load correctly. Everything seems to work Ok in FS/PMDG so am reluctant to fiddle, however as I've mentioned in other threads, I think my VNAV problems may be related to my aircraft loads and i can't seem to use the Fuel planner without FSUIPC

Dave,What does FSUIPC.LOG tell you? Care to attach it to a post here? Also what programs are registered in the FSUIPC.KEY?Maybe a reinstall of the NG will cure your problem? But let's look at your log files there first.Hope it helps,

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Mats,thanks - they mean nothing to me !

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Mats,Sorry - a text file might not be any use, try this one

Dave,The log file shows that PMDG_options.dll is loading properly. But doesn't show any other PMDG gauges. I guess time you started FS without selecting a NG the last time before you sent the log file. The key file looks normal. What other add-on aircraft do you have installed?I would try a remove/reinstall of the NG if I were you. Backup your SID/STAR, FLIGHTPLANS and NAVDATA folders if you wanna keep them.Hope it helps,

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Mats,I have only just loaded FS2004 so have very few add-on aircraft. I did download a freeware Embraer 145, a freeware 757 and I've got the 'Altitude' Concorde - would any of these cause a problem do you think. Just a couple of questions, I'll uninstal PMDG and see what happens - do I need to save the BA and Air New Zealand liveries or will they stay put ? What should I expect to se in Modules if I open it up after reinstalling an unregistered version.Many thanks for your time.

Dave,Everything related to the NG will disappear but the liveries are easy installed again so I wouldn't bother backing them up. "What should I expect to se in Modules if I open it up after reinstalling an unregistered version." Care to elaborate on this question? I'm not sure I'm with you on this one.Cheers,

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Mats,On a previous version I had, it had several tabs and you could fiddle with all sorts of bits and pieces in FS like extend battery life etc. This version I've got only has one page with most of the options greyed out. Is that what its supposed to be like now ? What function is it supposed to provide and what happens if its not working properly please ? How critical is FSUIPC ?