Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle Pres

Fix for newer FSUIPC.dll ?

Guest Eagle Pres

I have all the PMDG products and the 737's everytime I try to load with the newest FSUIPC the guages do not work. And I have other programs that require the newest version so I am stuck flying another AC until this problem has a fix.

I have used every new version of FSUIPC with no problems at all. Is your version registered?

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

By the way, you are supposed to sign your name to forum messages. I guess one got by the moderators.

Guest ha5mvo

well....ehh....R.I know (and so do quite a few others) exactly what he's talking about.There seems to be a problem with the FSUIPC modules that came after 3.40. At least with the unregistered versionIt results in an electrical systems malfunction. The greater headache is that some installers for various programs install, and overwrite FSUIPC, and rolling back may be tricky unless you keep a backup of that particular version.So, yes, a fix for that will solve quite a few problems.//Michael (or M)

I never allow the installer to overwrite FSUIPC. Even if they do, you can always reinstall FSUIPC in about 30 seconds if you keep an extra copy on your system. Or, even download and reinstall. It does not take long at all. Rolling back should be no problem.

Guest detector

Yes - same thing as I do when reinstalling the NG: First I always move FSUIPC.dll and FSUIPC.ini (to keep my settings) to a temporary location together with the SIDSTARS, because I know both will be overwritten with older versions. Good thing about FSUIPC is that it keeps your settings as long as you backup your ini file, even if the dll is overwritten.Oh Bytheway...I`m sticking to 3.40 for now. :-violin

Michael,There seems to be no problem with FSUIPC later version and the NG, not even unregistered versions of FSUIPC. I've just made tries with FSUIPC version 3.45 with the PMDG NG version 1.3/1.1 on a FS9.1 system and it works flawlessly both registered and unregistered. Check the FSUIPC.LOG file in the MODULES folder it might reveal if something's funky with the installation or something. But with clean installations this that you encounter shouldn't be a problem.Hope it helps,

Guest horstwalter

In my case the 3.45 works unregistered, but not registered. Might it be that some functionality of the registered version interferes?

Ms/Mr NamelessTake a minute to read the forum guidelines which tells you to sign all your posts with your name please.3.45 works both registered and unregistered. There's something else interfering with your system. Can you try to remove/reinstall the NG and try again?Hope it helps,

>3.45 works both registered and unregistered. There's something>else interfering with your system. Can you try to>remove/reinstall the NG and try again?Mats is correct. FSUIPC 3.45 works fine. The problem that several folks have been experiencing around black cockpit displays and other odd behavior of the overhead switches is due to a corrupted FSUIPC.key file.If your version of FSUIPC is unregistered, but for some reason you have a fsuipc.key file laying around, delete it.If your FSUIPC is registered, try deleting your FSUIPC.key file and re-enter your registration information.Although technically one should be able to just copy a new fsuipc.dll over an old one, I found that on occasion I have to go through this reregistration process to "fix" the FSUIPC.key file.Best regards, Ron