Sign in to follow this  
Guest mangold

Texture Problem

Guest mangold

HelloAfter month of proper operation my NG 600/700/800/900shows strange textures outside cockpit aswell as in Top Down Viewand Spot Plane ViewStrange picture also in AIRCRAFT SETTINGS (attached)Sometimes a crash to desktop takes place as soon as all windows are loaded.No failure message (FS9.1, WinXP, no hardware changes have been made)When running FS2002 on the same computer everything looks normal !Is this a corrupted FS9 or DirectX 9.0c or PMDG or what else?Renaming FS9.cfg was of no avail.Any clues?G

Gunter,the first to come to mind is a corrupt FS9 config file. Delete any trace of the FS9 config file and any saved flights for the NG. You can move these files instead of deleting them to test if these files are the source of your problem. If not, you can move them back to their original location. Last resort is to reinstall the NG by using the uninstall tool. First backup/move your PMDG Aircraft config file, SID/STAR database and any installed liveries, use the uninstall tool, re-install the NG then start a flight. If all is well you can move your liveries and database back to their location, then copy your livery info from the old PMDG Aircraft config file to the new one.Hope this helps.

Guest mangold

Helloall the above became invalid since I tracked the reason for the texture problem:I fiddeled around with 3D-Analyzehttp://www.tommti-systems.de/go.html?http:...eien/files.htmlThis changed Device name in FS9->Options->Settings->Display->Hardwaresee attachmentThe dropdown list of Device name offeres no other choice.Deinstall and reinstall of FS9 was of no avail.1) How to setback Device name ?2) What is the default Device name ?G

Guest mangold

Addition to my last posting.Even the "Reset Defaults" button is of no availG

Guest tmetzinger

sounds like you need to deinstall the #D analyze product, that should hopefully restore the original device drivers for your graphics card/chipset.

Gunter,Inside your FS9 config file is a line that should list your display card. It looks like the 3D-Analyze program for some reason has overwritten your display card entry. Look inside your FS9 config file for 3D-Analyze and replace it with the type of your display card.My display card info is:(DISPLAY.Device.RADEON X800 PRO.0)The info after Device will reflect the type of video card you have installed. I'm concerned FS9 did not list your card correctly after creating a new config file. May I suggest you uninstall 3D-Analyze then create a new FS9 config file? Try this method first and see if removing the 3D-Analyze progam and making a new config file solves your display problem.

Guest mangold

Thanks Pete>Inside your FS9 config file is a line that should list your display card.In the meantime I installed complete FS9 from scratch.Have the proper Display driver indicated in Settings again:Mobility Radeon 7500CAnd the textures look normal again.Just had a look in the new fs9.CFGCan't find anything about Radeon in the whole .cfgHow this.G

Gunter,glad everything is back to normal.The Radeon entry is what FS9 shows for me since that is the type card I have. Yours will list a Radeon 7500C or some sort in the DISPLAY card entry.