Sign in to follow this  
Guest moomin

how i can see the GPS PANEL in the pmdg 737-800/900

Guest moomin

hi i start to play with the pmdg 737-800/900but i can see the GPS panl in the game help me!!!!

help me!!!!please sign all of your posts with your real name, per our forum rules. We like to keep things civil as much as possible and using names seems to help ;-)As to GPS, the NG does not use it so our NG does not have one, sorry.

search GPS on this forum, you will find many post about adding the MSFS GPS to this package.I have done it, it is very easy and works well.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest Dash8driver

Why would you need or want to use a GPS with a NG?

>Why would you need or want to use a GPS with a NG?+1 http://deephousepage.com/smilies/banghead.gif

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest moomin

I search for the addon and cant find itcan someone give me a link?

... simplein cockpit accessable database of all airports, and a lot more information via the GPS. It is like have an electronic Airport Facilities Guide.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest Dash8driver

Ok, I can understand that. I use FS navigator and www.airnav.com for all the airport info, etc... Anyone else use airnav.com? I've got a binder over an inch thick with approach, STAR and SID plates I've printed off that site. Very high quality and always up to date.

Help Me,If you study and read the 737NG documentation and learn how to use the FMC and Flight Management System, then I think you'll see that you don't need the MSFS GPS unit in this airplane.The 737NG DOES have two GPS reciever units installed! The 737NG does have two GPS units as part of the Flight Management System. These units work automatically in the background. The most a pilot can do is go into the FMC and turn GPS updating ON or OFF. You would only want to turn it off if you suspected the unit to be providing bad position information to the FMC. The FMC logic automatically selects position from one of the GPS units as a way to update the primary FMC position. Radio (VOR/DME) updating can occur but 99.99999% of the time the FMC will select a GPS unit to constantly update itself because its more accurate. If both GPS units don't work then the FMC will use radio updating for FMC position. If the airplane is over the water with two broken GPS units and out of radio range then the FMC will use the two IRS/ADIRU's for position updating. Floyd

Guest jettjokk

I think that the reason for having the default GPS's use in the 737 is known as situational awareness. You can juggle notebooks of maps or you can use the GPS. The most modern avionics I see out there for general aviation, corporate aviation, and commercial aviation have a color top down looking display of the area where yur airplane is. In addition to just navaids, there can be terrain awareness, weather awareness. Highway/city awareness, traffic awareness, and others simultaneously displayed on a single screen. In the real flying world this is a trend that all agree will result in safer operations. Which points out that the extremely realistically simulated 737 NG is no longer "state of the art."DanS