Sign in to follow this  
chiswick72

PMDG 747-400 Functionality Spec

Hi guys,Since the upcoming 747-400 is going to be a magnificent achievement in functionality and specification, it is almost inevitable that once PMDG announces the specification, there is going to be a massive overload of information to take in for all us wannabe 747 captains!!My suggestion is, when PMDG is ready to announce the spec, that they stagger the release of specification information over a period of days/weeks to allow all the good things you guys have been working on to sink in properly and for those who have contributed to be truely admired for their hard work.For example just the TCAS functionality spec for the 737-800/900 kept me massively content for months, looking forward to its release. Im sure you have so much good news with the 747 that you could keep me drooling for this release even if it takes till 2006 to release it !:)Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest allblack

Stagger?Delay??Heck no!Just chuck it all at me, and I'll manage the 'sinking in' of information!!Sorry Armen - not with you on this one.Unless of course you mean make this info available BEFORE the release of the plane, then I agree entirely.CheersTim

Being a Ready for Pushback user, I for one would want all at once as long as it is clearly explained in the manual. It is better to see the whole picture to get an overview and feel for the entire plane at once so one can connect the concepts associated with one system with the other system. The 747 is a highly sophisticated and complex machine with interdependent parts which rely on each other to work properly and one system cannot work properly if another is non-functional or not properly setup (e.g. APU bleed is required for the engines to start).Any RFP users out there? :))John