Sign in to follow this  
Guest manu

VNAV Discon

Guest manu

Hi everyone; I have a problem with the 737NG

Guest ekchflyer

HI xAre you flying through the T/D mark?If you are you have to reset the AUTOPILOT altitude-and your "bug" will go away.I move into the 3D cockpit view to go to passenger

Manu,Enter a lower altitude in the MCP altitude window.Floyd

Guest manu

Thank you for answering. I have some questions now:1.-What

Guest tomahawk_pa38

having seen this warning a few times - yes the answer is what Floyd says. Once you have achieved your crusing altitude you need to reset the MCP alt to your expected first constraint - this may be a guess based on procedures, STARS or atc instructions. You will need of course need to keep resetting it depending on atc instructions. That way when you get to the TOD (shown on the display and you can see the dtg in the FMC Progress page)- the plane will begin to descend. I also have found from experience that I get a lot less VNA problems (especially the Overspeed disconnect) if I plan to descend a bit faster - say 300kts (input /300 in the descent speed LSK on the Des page)as recommended in the 'Geezer guide to the 737' - can't remember where I found that now.

Guest manu

Thank you very much for answering.