Sign in to follow this  
Guest dude_wheres_my_744

your 'dream' features on the 747-400

Copy two things from the Dreamfleet 727:1. Save switch settings etc, necessitating proper shutdown after flight :)2. Passenger views for replay!

Guest Marc Harrington

It's always interesting to hear what our customers are 'dreaming' about. I'm actually happy to report that many of the requests in this thread are already modeled in the 744, and some others we are still working on or thinking about. I can't be too detailed because certain things may work and others may not.Cheers!

Captains-Invariably this is precisely the kind of thread we don't like to answer.... But I'm feeling daring this evening.....I'll probably miss a few- but let me address a few:-Customizable cabin/FA announcements: Currently no plan for this specifically, as it is not really part of "simulating a 744." We do have a few things planned in this department that will, we think, more realistically handle the passenger notification process. It MAY make the final product- it might not... We don't know yet.-Wing bending/Flex: This has always been planned for this airplane as wing flex is an important visual aspect of the 744. It is not installed currently, but the mathematics are already in place. (This is a late-development cycle item....)-Flight Saving: This one we heard loud and clear on the NG product line- and we think it's vital on a long haul airplane. We are currently in the process of testing a system/switch save-state process developed by Lefteris specifically for this airplane. To date it works magnificently- and i'm still adding it to the entire system model. The FMC save state process has not been updated as of this time, but I believe it will need to be examined before a the airplane will be fully save-state capable.-Compression: This is a mathematical derivation problem within FS9. How fast you can run compression will depend largely on your hardware- and what you have running in the sim. Currently I believe we can get decent performance out of acceleration- but I have not tested 16x. We'll keep you posted.- Automatic pause at Top of Descent: We are examining this for implementation.... - Not waiting a year for the boxed version: Okay.... How about a year and a half? ;-) - FS2006 compatibility: We'll cross that bridge when we see FS2006.... I expect we'll be out LONG before FS2006 hits the shelves.... If not- I know of at least one developer who might need to be talked off the ledge outside PMDG's office windows.....-Onboard system simulation => PS1: Already done.... The only thing left to install is pressurization. Yes- I'm dreading that one because of the mathematics involved... but that's all that's left. ;-) As the system's programmer- I think I can say with measured authority that the 744 has not been modeled this well in MSFS- and in many aspects it is more complex than other traditionally accepted simulations out there...- Elec page not visible during Autoland: Yep...- Inboard slats retract on reverse: yep.....- FMC %age: This one always makes me laugh... I love the guys who know what percentage of things are modeled based upon whatever convoluted gizzmo scheme is used to make such calculations.... As much as FS can handle- will be installed.... No more... No less. ;-)- Complete 744 sim with FS as the interface: Teelo- are your ceilings going to be tall enough for the hydraulics we just ordered for you? :-)- Simultaneous FS2Crew release: This would be a VERY hard coordination as we really aren't able to put brian in a position to work efficiently until we are finished changing things around inside the airplane.... We know brian... We've given some thought to what he needs from the 747, so he'll be in good position once we are finished.- A panel sharp enough to convince Michael J. that he's "really there." We've come a full generation step forward in the 2D panel rendering technology- and while we tend to prefer rendered panels for the realism of flexibility- we think that photoreal fans will find new love in the 2D panels. As for the VC- we've come almost 2 generation steps forward in realism here- and I'm going to leave my description at that. You will be absolutely stunned at what we have going on inside the Virtual cockpit. Might even inturrupt your thoughtful and fluid editorial replies to Flying, MJ! ( ;-) )-Working WX Radar: Not currenly expected for release time. We have a few things in the mix- but to be honest- they don't model real radar... I use one at work.... FS doesn't have it yet....- FMC that can be ported to other aircraft: Sure...as long as it's another PMDG 747-400. ;-)- Accurate flight model: Done....- Co pilot calls and automation: Automation? like the AFDS? Yeah... that's installed... Copilot calls have not been discussed or implemented.- Tutorials/Guides, etc: The aircraft manual will likely exceed 400 pages... There is a reason a type rating can take 4-8 weeks on an airplane this complex.... You will have all of the information you need to manage the airplane. There are many resources out there for those who wish to learn even more!-FPS concerns/LOD for external models: This has been a primary concern from the beginning. Currently the 744 is significantly more complex a model than any of the NGs, but it is weighing in with fewer polys based on extraordinary planning by Vin. I'm not an LOD-knowledgeable guy- so Vin will have to answer on LOD- but I believe we have that also....-FPS concerns for 2D/VC: We expect that the lifting required of your machine will be similar to the NG's. Possibly a bit less- but it's hard to say until we get everything wired in and running.-Options for no external model/low external model: Not planned.-Top secret freetime generator: Installed already. Here's how it works: You spend all night flying international routes with the 744- and eventually lose your day job because you are falling asleep in the office.... Now you have all the free time you could possibly want! Aren't we generous????? ;-)-Storage Compartment for the PMDG Pogo: Vin???????????Okay- I think that covers most of them. I've left a few out becuase they are items that are already covered- or exist in current products already...At this stage of development- we have so many new technologies enhancing this airplane that it is really hard to discuss the airplane without sharing them with you. As we've said a number of times- we want to wait until the airplane is more-or-less ready for prime time before sharing them with you....I am not going to have time (or inclination) to answer 500 questions about "is this planned also?" but I hope these few answers here tonight serve to whet your appetite a bit!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Robert,Thanks a lot for your post, such a reply was really badly demanded for a long time now. Good to hear these news!About your in-built secret freetime generator: This, I think is not really a new product, in fact it has been implemented in the NG v1.0 as well... ;)Cheers,

Guest johnc1

>ok fair enough PMDG wont tell us excatly what's in store>(although there are some exact specs mentioned). i thought>it'd be an idea to ask everyone what they'd expect in the>upcoming 747-400. mine are:>>-customisible cabin FA/captain annoucements>-wing bending/flexing, especially when flying through>turbulence>These are interesting features listed here. Previously I had ideas of some new features for the virtual cabin, near a passenger seat, activated by clicking places.-open and shut the window cover-read a newspaper with current news from the internet-play movies of your choice (.avi or mpeg file)-tilt the chair at different angles-extend and unfold the tray-click on the tray for different meals and beverages to appear. Personally I like lasagne and salad to go with a beer.

Guest Boaz

Thanks a lot you guys!I am as sick of waiting as I never should become over a "toy" but man I cannot wait!Your info was unexpected but VERY soothing! Just to know how advanced it will become, clearly shows why this takes a while, mucho respect for that guys!I hope that performance would be around or below the NG, because any higher and you should place required CPU at 1900+ :-)So spanks from me and hope to see this bird in less than

Guest teeloo

>>-Onboard system simulation => PS1: Already done....<< Excellent!>>- Elec page not visible during Autoland: Yep...<>- Inboard slats retract on reverse: yep.....<>- FMC %age: This one always makes me laugh... I love the guys who know what percentage of things are modeled based upon whatever convoluted gizzmo scheme is used to make such calculations....<>- Complete 744 sim with FS as the interface: Teelo- are your ceilings going to be tall enough for the hydraulics we just ordered for you?<=PS1, regardsTeeloo.

>These are interesting features listed here. Previously I had>ideas of some new features for the virtual cabin, near a>passenger seat, activated by clicking places.>>-open and shut the window cover>-read a newspaper with current news from the internet>-play movies of your choice (.avi or mpeg file)>-tilt the chair at different angles>-extend and unfold the tray>-click on the tray for different meals and beverages to>appear. Personally I like lasagne and salad to go with a>beer.>>Are you flying the plane or are you just a passenger? :(

Robert,Thanks for the excellent news update!A couple of other things on my mind are "LAND 3" and variable engine performance! ;)Also massively drooling about the news....:-outta <---- Robert and a crowd of 747-400 junkiesArmen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

>Might even inturrupt your thoughtful and>fluid editorial replies to Flying, MJ! ( ;-) )>I can see RR that in your busy schedule you still get time for some leisure reading once in a while ;-)Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Thank you for the lowdown Robert - this is going to be an incredible release - can't wait to get my Springbok repaint and ply the international trades!

Guest dgeddes

>- Simultaneous FS2Crew release: This would be a VERY hard>coordination as we really aren't able to put brian in a>position to work efficiently until we are finished changing>things around inside the airplane.... We know brian... >We've given some thought to what he needs from the 747, so>he'll be in good position once we are finished.>Just knowing that y'all are collaborating is enough for me. Thanks!-Don

Guest flight78

WOW !! AMAZING thank you so much for that info !!. It got all the stuff i wanted and more already !! WOHO:P. I really do hope it wont be more then half a year. Best regards:Alexander