Sign in to follow this  

Stearman Kaydet Trim

I installed the patch for David Eckert's beautiful Stearman. It works as indicated in his readme except that there is no elevator trim. Is that a common problem with this patch? Do any Stearman fans here have trim working?Thanks, Joe

JoeIn the days before I became addicted to microlights I flew the Stearman for a while. The problem of no elevator trim has nothing to do with the patch as I didn't have this installed myself.I seem to recall that I edited the air file and then added a trim indicator to the panel to get things going.Hope this helps.David

David:Could you share with us this config file ?If posible could you email it to me atavpcv2000@cantv.netEdmundo Cardenas van Grieken/SVMICaracas, Venezuela[table border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td rowspan=3] http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Proud pilot of Proud Supporter of[c][link:www.flightsimmers.net/radarcontact]Radar Contact][/c], the premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS

David,Thanks for the reply. Actually, the patch, according to the readme, fixes some problems plus ("by popular demand") adds trim. No indicator, but the usual kepad 1 and 7 is supposed to do it. But it doesn't work on my system, and I'm trying to find out if it is me or are others having the same problem.The microlights sound like a lot fun. Could you recommend a good one to get started?Joe

Guest Joe

I just flew the plane so I could respond to you better.When you use the keypad 1 and 7, are you turning off the number lock?I trim my Stearman with buttons on top of my joy stick. It works on my plane and I'm using the "stearfix.zip". The only thing odd, and I've seen this in other aircraft, is when I trim up, the nose goes down. When I trim down, the nose goes up.That's all I can tell you about it.Joe

EdmundoI wish that I could let you have this file but it is no longer on my computer.Sorry :-(David

Guest Lizardo

Where is the patch??

Hi Joe,I have the same problem: Before the patch I could also not trim the Stearman, but at least it was close to optimum trim by default.After the patch, I could still not trim it, but now the default trim is set for so much down trim that I no longer fly this beautifull aircraft.Such a pity though...Hennie

Hi JoeHave a look at http://www.store.yahoo.com/flightsimmodels/Their products are payware, for a very small price, and I have found them to be extremely good and realistic. You will find a review there which I did for the Flightstar.You could also try searching the various flight sim websites for microlight and ultralight as there are some freeware ones out there as well. However, IMHO the Flight Sim Model ones are the best and worth paying for.David

Hi Hennie,That's strange. On my sytem the default is still pretty good after the patch. I don't see any difference at all, so it is still quite flyable. But it sure would be nice if you could trim in the air. The other problem that the patch didn't fix for me is lighing of the VC panel. All the guages are unlit so the VC is unusable at night.Joe

Thanks for that link, David. I bought the M-Squared Breese 2 package to try out ultralight flying. My guess is is that I will become hooked. Joe