Sign in to follow this  
Guest iain williams

WIND CORR on FMC - unsure?

Guest iain williams

Hi:Can someone tell me what the Wind Corr line on the Approach Ref page of the FMC is used for?Also, if you complete the decent forecast in the FMC, will this take into account your head, tail or cross wind component when the FMC calculates VREF?Kind regards and thank you..........Iain

>Hi:>>Can someone tell me what the Wind Corr line on the Approach>Ref page of the FMC is used for?>>Also, if you complete the decent forecast in the FMC, will>this take into account your head, tail or cross wind component>when the FMC calculates VREF?>>Kind regards and thank you..........Iain>>>>Iain,-700 manual definition-WIND CORR displays current wind correction for the approach. Default is +05 knots. Manual input of desired wind correction may be made up to +20 knots.So what does it really do? In the real 737-700 it does absolutely nothing that you can see. I think it's just a reminder of the wind correction that's being used during the approach.Good question. Anybody else?The answer to your second question is no.Floyd

Guest Hawkeyeted

>Also, if you complete the decent forecast in the FMC, will>this take into account your head, tail or cross wind component>when the FMC calculates VREF?>>Kind regards and thank you..........IainWhat the forecast DOES do is cause the FMC to recalculate the decent path by taking into account head/tail/cross winds.

Guest iain williams

Hi:Thanks for your comments.So I the actual landing speed (VREF) with a head, tail or cross wind must be manually figured out. If the FMC says flaps 30 145 kias - and you have a head wind - then you have to incrase this number and vice versa for a tail wind....Iain

Guest hlm65

Yes, except in case you're doing an autoland (check the restrictions for wind compnent !): in this case, the FMC/Autothrottle will compensate by itself any wind component.Remember that if the FMC sayas 145 kts, your Vref will be 150.

Guest iain williams

Thank you..............Iain