Sign in to follow this  
simpilot22

FMC Help

Gentlemen,As promised, here is round 2.Entered the flight plan with several waypoints. After the initial climb, ATC directed me to a waypoint not on my flightplan. I entered this at the top of the LEGS page, and got the discontinuity warning. If I were to make the next waypoint as per my flightplan, I would be backtracking. Therefore, I picked a waypoint along my planned route that was at least in the direction of the airport, but I still flew a very indirect route.What does ATC expect a pilot to do when directing to a waypoint not on the plan? I use VoxATC, not the FS9. Is the entire flightplan scrapped? Once directed outside the plan, with no further instructions when reaching the assigned intersection/VOR, is it anticipated that the pilot will conintue direct to the destination airport, or return in some fashion to the filed plan?ThanksChip B.

Guest hay00c2

In my experience with online ATC they usually direct you to a waypoint that you have NAMED in your flightplan ie: just say my fp was a zigzag accross the airspace they control and they then deceided to let me go direct they would give me the waypoint already named at that desired location they wanted to send me. Never had that happen before.But I would use the FS9 map or FS NAV to locate said waypoint, add in the new waypoint, delete the others that are now no longer required and then delete the discontinuity that you have left and then activate new plan.Chris HayKNT0113G