Sign in to follow this  
Guest james320

PMDG Tutorial

Guest james320

One of our PMDG-flying customers has mentioned an excellent tutorial flight which I'd love to try. Any ideas what/where it might be...??By the way, most of our customers who come and fly the full-motion B737NG simulator also fly the PMDG 737 on their PC at home. In fact, last Sunday, all of them did! Our instructor that day (who now flies B744 for Virgin, until recently B737-300/700 for easyJet) said he absolutely shocked how impressively everbody that day flew thew motion sim. A real testament to the quality of the PMDG simulation!

James,There's two tutorials that gets mentioned over and over again. One made by Tim Metzinger. This tutorial is taken offline due to some copyright problems with Jeppesen. I know Tim is working on a completely new tutorial which is planned to be payware.The other tutorial is a basic FMC tutorial by Fred Clausen. It's available here on the AVSIM library. Search for the author's name, and be sure to pick up version 2.Hope it helps,

Guest ahmedem

James,You mentioned the instructor was a Virgin Atlantic pilot, I was always under the impression that Virtual Aviation was a BA setup since it is at Cranebank.Are the facilities hired out to other airlines or do you get pilots from other airlines earning a bit of extra cash with you (not that a 744 pilot would need extra cash!)? I guess it explains the presence of A330/340s and 737NG which BA don't operate.Just wondering, always been interested in the setup over there I'll try to talk my line manager into organising a trip soon (about as likely as getting a release date from an addon developer:P)Cheers,

Guest james320

Well spotted. We do still use the BA simulators at Cranebank, but nowadays only for corporate events. Flight Simulator Experiences for individual members of the public now take place at Gatwick & Luton - and thats why you saw some 'non-BA types' such as the 737NG in the listing.Our instructors work for a variety of airlines... BA, Virgin, easyJet, Monarch, GB Airways, etc. And yes, there are plenty of 744/777/340 captains keen to earn money on their days off!

Guest _sebastian_

>One of our PMDG-flying customers has mentioned an excellent>tutorial flight which I'd love to try. Any ideas what/where it>might be...??The queen of PMDG/NG tutorials is that by Tim Metzinger and it is no biggie to find if you do a search in this forum or on Google.You may want to browse through Fred Clausen's tutorial too.------------------Tim Metzinger: http://www.eagleexpressva.com/pafiledb31/p...=download&id=96Fred Clausen: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=34250------------------Regards,Sebastian