Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Split PFD on 600/700 ??

In reading some recent articles in one of the popular flight sim magazines, I noticed what appeared to be screenshots of the PMDG737NG panel, but it had the split screen PFD. Is this available for the 600/700 or is it just something that was added for the 800/900 version?Regards,Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest AJ

It was added for the 800/900 version, but it becomes available in the 600/700 if you buy the 800/900.Andrew

I suspected as much - Typical marketing ploy !I don't think the additional functionality warrants paying another $27.95 which is hardly an upgrade ! They waould have been better off offering a panel upgrade patch at a reduced cost. It would be interesting to know how many people purchased both packages.Regards,Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi Stuart,It's more than that included in the 800/900 package:# Dynamic Virtual Cockpit - every switch and lever can be operated with the mouse# New Cockpit Graphics - All 2D panel and virtual cockpit artwork has been replaced to enhance depth of image and add photo-based textures# Aircraft Systems - 737-800/900 specific systems have been implemented such as pneumatics differences# Optimized Performance - Many routines have been improved for the best PC performance to enhance your 737 experience# Flight Management Computer (FMC) - many new features such as soft constraints, offset routes, optimal/maximum altitude calculations, realistic cost index, long range cruise option and many more# Professional Features - Autopilot includes complete TCAS2 system, altitude/speed intervention# Customizable Features - Select different pre-defined airline configurations, change units, flight director styles, display colors and moreFrom the above list the TCAS II is the most valuable addition IMO. But enhanced performance does not come to far behind.I think most people who has bought the 800/900 upgrade has been happy with the overall value of the package. The $27.95 pricetag is a reduced price. Aerosoft is selling the boxed stand-alone 800/900 for

Mats thanks for the informative reply to our friend. However, a few quesitons remain. When we upgrade to the 800/9000 will the remodeled cockpit and EFIS display work in FS2002 as well? I plan on upgrading my system to start flying FS9 in about two weeks, but I'd just like to know. Furthermore I'd like to know if the pilot can choose what display to use - PFD or EFIS and if that can be done with a selector knob or switch directly form the panel. BTW I'd like to know the same about the real-world aircraft as well. Thanks for the help.GodspeedVictor"AAL54 Heavy, traffic at your 3 o'clock, 4 miles, type fokker. confirm visual""Chicago approach - I've always wanted to say this - I got that little fokker in sight."

Victor,The 800/900 does not work in a FS2002 environment. FS2004 only!The pilot cannot chose the DU(Display Unit)-layout on the fly. This is a company option in real life. Thus there are no switches for this in the A/C. The DU-layout is changed in the PMDG|737|Styles menu. Hope it answers your questions,

Thanks Mat, sure helped! I just did not understand the following: you meant to say that in real life a company either goes for one or the other and that cannot be changed forever?Cheers,Victor

That is correct Victor. For example South West Airlines fly with the EFIS/MAP display option for easy transition for their pilots from the Classic to the NG, while Scandinavian Airlines flies with the PFD/ND option as they don't have any Classics.THe engine displays are different for these two display layouts. For the EFIS/MAP you have all engine parameters displayed on the Upper DU. FOr the PFD/ND display you use both Upper and Lower DU, or you could use a compact display on the Upper DU.Hope it helps,

Thanks once again Mats. I think the new PFD/ND?EICAS option looks just like the 777 and the 747-400 - and I think it's easier to grasp all data. But that's just my 2 cents :)When you have some time could you swing by the thread that I recently updated with a few quesitons concerning assumed temperatures and de-rates? Cheers, Victor