Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mamoon

Custom fixes in LEGS page = 'Not in database' error?

Guest Mamoon

Hi,I am using the 737 600/700 v1.3 product (which is bloody fantastic, I must say).I do however, have one (and only one!) problem with the FMC. According the the turorial, you should be able to enter custom waypoints directly into the scratchpad of the LEGS page, so that you can then insert them into the LEGS sequence.However, whenever I try to do this, I get a "Not in database" error. I don't believe that this is a problem with the format I am using for these fixes. I can insert the very same fixes into the FIX page. This works and gives me a custom FIX name (i.e. PDT01), which I can then insert into the LEGS page.1) Is it possible to insert custom fixes into the LEGS page, without having to go via the FIX page?2) If so, how do I do this?Cheers,Mamoon.

Mamoon,1) It is very much possible to insert custom waypoints in the FMC.2) You have several options at hand. Two from the top of my head: a) Place/Distance/Bearing waypoints. Entered into the CDU scratchpad as PPPDDD/BBB where PPP is the original fix name, DDD is the distance and BBB is the bearing. ORD023/340 will create a custom fix 23 miles out and at a bearing of 340

Guest PittsburghII

Hi, Not very often a low life simmer like me gets to point out an error, but I will risk my hide :-): It is not place/distance/bearing, but place/bearing/distance. So, in the example above, the syntax would be ORD340/23.EDIT: Returning to the original question: My only guess why you get the "Not in database" error would be if the fix you are using is not in the data set. However, that does not really mix well with the fact that you can use it in the FIX page... Are you sure you are actually entering the same fix?Thanks,BoazEKCH

Good catch Boaz,It is rightly PBD, Place-Bearing/Distance. Even the sun has spots you know. ;-)I suspect the reason for the original poster to get NOT IN DATABASE is that he does not enter the custom fixes as per the above stated syntax.Cheers,

Guest Mamoon

Hi,I wish this was a problem with the format of the custom fix. The exact same fixes work in the FIX page, but not in the LEGS page.If I copy a fix that does not work in the LEGS page, to the scratchpad and then insert it into the FIX page, it can interpret my custom fix just fine, with no problems. However, if I insert very same custom fix (that works in the FIX page!) directly into the LEGS page, I get, "Not in database".So in short, I doubt it's a format problem, unfortunatly.It looks like this very same problem used to occur on the RTE page (http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=136&topic_id=22515&mesg_id=22627&page=).Could this re-occurence of the same issue?Cheers,Mamoon.

Mamoon,The problem you referred to was for creating custom fixes on the RTE page which still is INOP as far as I know. Your problem appears on the LEGS page right?Can you please provide us with some data to work with? What AIRAC version are you using? NG versions? What are the original waypoints and custom fixes you are trying to create? What tests are you inserting in the scratchpad? Maybe even provide some screenshots?I still think it's a syntax error! ;-)Cheers,

Guest Mamoon

Sure, I will try and get all this information to you ASAP. Can you please first tell me how I can take a screen shot in FS9, so I can post it here?:)Cheers,Mamoon.

Mamoon,I'm using a neat little utility called MultiGrab or MGrab written by MWGraphics/Martin Wright. On the setup tab you can choose to save your screenshot as a JPEG and also adjust the JPEG compression/quality rate. For posting here I would use 15%.Start MGrab and FS. Within FS use your Print Screen button and MGrab will take care of the rest.Link to MGrab:http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/download/mgrab.ZIPLink to mwgfx.dll which you need:http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/download/mwgfxdll.EXELink to author's website:http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htmHope it helps,

Guest tiago blanquet

I get exacly the same error... It

Guest tiago blanquet

Topic closed...Many thanks for the replys. In fact it realy was the problem with the wrong page. It has to be entered in the LEGS page. It worked no problem...