Sign in to follow this  
Datalink

Announced: New B1900C by PMDG

Looks great IMO, another quality PMDG product :-)Just think what the -400 gonna be like :-)

Alaister Kay

Guest Marc Harrington

FYI - The C in 1900C does not stand for Cargo, but the version designation. B1900C is the predecessor to the B1900D.The 1900C is a complete stand-alone product that features the passenger, freight *and* cargo version of this turboprop.Look out for an official forum announcement later today.Sincerely,

Guest Me

Nice,I suppose if I have already the B1900D, the B1900C is just an update?Philip

as i was surfin' hopeless around the internet to find some news from the develop teams, I saw that PMDG announced a new version of the B1900 express: the B1900C, the Cargo version.PMDG%20Freighter.jpg///////////////////////////////////////////////////////New PMDG Express B1900C Product FeaturesCustomized Engine sound set (interior and exterior) recorded from real B1900C Pratt & Whitney PT6A-65B Turbine engines. VC fully FS2004 compliant, with 3D clickable switches, customized animations, windshield rain and more! Smooth Virtual cockpit gauge refresh rate. No gauge stuttering. Three airframe variants include B1900C Passenger, Cargo, and the B1900C Freighter (auxiliary cargo hold) Fully custom primary instrumentation, including:Collins ADI84 Attidude Direction IndicatorCollins APS65 Auto PilotCollins HSI Horizontal Situation IndicatorAirspeed, Vertical Speed, Altimeter, Audio Panel, Engine Gauges and more! B1900C Flight Models for all airplane variants General Product FeaturesHighly detailed B1900C GMax exterior models Virtual Cockpit and 2D Panel with optional 2D Cockpit Views Accurate Flight Model Over 160 parts animated Virtual Cabin Model uses LODS to maximize frame rates Free Add-On Liveries available I think it's very nice that PMDG is working on 3 quality planes right now but I think that some people might lose a little trust and patience in here, because they are waighting for the Queen and the Tri-jet. I'm also waiting for those, but I think i'm going to give this cargo version a try. Any one else?greetz,Jan Herman KloppenborgNL

Guest Lobaeux4

Probably not a problem, I'm sure the guys working on the 747, MD-11 and the B1900C are not spreading themselves out too thin, they're probably working exclusively on one or the other.

Philip,no, this is a new airplane, not an update. ;-)

"Smooth Virtual cockpit gauge refresh rate. No gauge stuttering"Mmmmm.... I love this!!!!Does The Queen Of The Skies have smooth VC gauges too????

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest Binkles

Is it full version - or is this going to be another express model?Laurence

Jan->I think it's very nice that PMDG is working on 3 quality>planes right now but I think that some people might lose a>little trust and patience in here, because they are waighting>for the Queen and the Tri-jet. eek! nigh! :-)One of the things that happens during a heavy development cycle for products like the NG's, or the 747-400, is that invariably there are periods where certain developers wind up "idle."For example, Vin reaches a point on the 747-400 visual model where he cannot progress until the coders (Lefteris, me, Vangelis, Anthony) catch up to where he is with the model.....As such, we do our best to keep vin busy with extra assignments. (Idle hands do devils work, etc etc.... You should see what happens around the office if Vin winds up idle.... Ever seen someone long-jump from desk to desk on the PMDG Pogo stick? It always winds up with an ambulance ride for somebody......) ;-)One of the things we do with the Express models is to have them serve as technology demonstrators for our own development process! So often times, if you are sharp- you'll pick up on things in the EXPRESS model that we tested and developed in the EXPRESS version- and then implement into the mainline product.In this case- we have a number of animation features that will excite you, especially when you see how we have expanded upon the EXPRESS version- and even more so when you see them in the 747-400!I think you guys will really enjoy the PMDG EXPRESS B1900C. Having been a turboprop driver- this airplane has an incredible feeling of immersion- especially when pounding in and out of the weather!If anyone has any questions about her, let us know!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Excellent! I love the 1900D and will definitely buy the C model. I probably fly the "D" more than any of my other aircraft. Thanks PMDG!KP

When I first bought and tried the 1900D I was at first really wondering "why did I buy this one?". However, over time this bird has really grown on me and although I own most add-on aircrafts known to mankind, I find myself firing thisout baby up all the time! Yes, the systems modelling leaves a lot to be desired but unlike many many other add-ons the 1900D never jumps on me and starts diving, turning or whatever unexpectedly. Coupled with my Goflight toys it is just so much fun flying VOR-VOR! :) So bring on the C-model with a tad more buttons to push and I'll be in heaven! Btw, here I am flying KBFI-KBOS in the PMDG 737 and have been staring at the screen for four hours without anything happening and still feeling like a kid on christmas!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------